Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan - interpretaing the report
Question 
ResScan - interpretaing the report
Can someone point me to a guide to interpreting the ResSccan report? For example, I've been able to find a definition of "Event", but no description of how to interpret the display. For example, last night's report shows a large collection of events, some in yellow, others in pink, numbered from 1 to 34. How do I interpret this?

I do have the ResScan_Interpretation-Guide. It leaves off just where it gets interesting. Sad
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan - interpretaing the report
(08-05-2013, 05:26 PM)geoffleach Wrote: For example, last night's report shows a large collection of events, some in yellow, others in pink, numbered from 1 to 34. How do I interpret this?
Unknown apnea displayed by yellow color symbol, leak is higher than 30 L/min and the machine cannot tell whether the apnea is obstructive or central
Central apnea displayed by white color symbol
Obstructive apnea displayed by pink color symbol

Number above the colored symbol is the duration of apnea in seconds

Hypopneas displayed by blue rectangle and recorded after ten seconds.

S9 data management guide http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan - interpretaing the report
For other members who may need the ResScan Interpretation Guide, it can be found here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 174 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 179 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,456 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,398 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.