Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan load error
ResScan load error
Hi Folks,
I have been using ResScan a while but due to a Windows 10 issue on my PC I have to re-load the OS (Win 10 Vers. 1703) and all the programs again. On downloading the ResScan program from this site and running it I encountered a pop up box "Pure virtual function call". I believe this to be a Visual C++ issue, but is it on my PC or the program I downloaded. Any help on how to resolve would be appreciated. For info my other newly downloaded programs seem to be working OK. Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan load error
Unfortunately that message can be produced by two different Microsoft products that I'm aware of.   First make sure that you have the MS Visual C++ runtime libraries installed.   If you're on a 64 bit machine, you might need to install both 32 and 64 versions.  Also the .NET libraries, or absence thereof, can produce this error.

Good luck on this one.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a Windows Creators Update inspired error. My Resscan was working perfectly before I upgraded. I'm going to try re-installing Resscan but we might have to wait for a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
no go on the reinstall. same error. have to wait for Resmed to fix. Compatibility mode didn't work either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2017, 08:12 PM)bigk Wrote: It's a Windows Creators Update inspired error. My Resscan was working perfectly before I upgraded. I'm going to try re-installing Resscan but we might have to wait for a new one.

Same thing here. Working good before upgrade to Creators edition.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 10:28 PM)steve823 Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 08:12 PM)bigk Wrote: It's a Windows Creators Update inspired error. My Resscan was working perfectly before I upgraded. I'm going to try re-installing Resscan but we might have to wait for a new one.

Same thing here. Working good before upgrade to Creators edition.

FIXED! OK, here's what I did. I reinstalled over installed installation. No difference. So I uninstalled completely and reinstalled. No difference. I rebooted between each uninstall and reinstall. Then I ran CCleaner and "fixed" those reported errors. No difference. So I tried another program I've had for years called JV16. I ran its "Registry" scan. That took a surprising length of time. It came up with many errors including an enormous number of "temp" files. I clicked the "Fix" button, but it said that was a hugh number of fixes and was I sure I wanted to do that? So I deselected the "temp" files and fixed everything else.  Then I rebooted and installed ResScan again and VIOLA! It worked. So "JV16 Power Tools 2017" actually worked. I'm glad I bought the "lifetime" version years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the message to update to creators. glad I closed it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had this annoying error occur too, also since installing the Creators Edition update. I was hoping there'd be an update of ResScan too so got the updated version and installed it, no go of course :-(

Is anyone aware of Clinicians having this issue and whether they've been told Resmed is onto a fix?

I'm using Sleepyhead in parallel with ResScan anyway but would like to keep my data updated and as this "fix" occurred just prior to my monthly update of data I've already lost some. No biggie really, it is just annoying to have incomplete data in ResScan in case I need to d/l it and go see my CPAP provider,

Cheerz Wabster.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

It's probably a missing dll file.  The best way to find it is to run the Event Viewer. Since its reporting is listed starting with the most recent error, it's better to try running the problem program just prior to using the event viewer.     To run Event Viewer, type in the name in the Start->Search box.  Go to: Custom Views->Administrative Events.  See if any errors show up that are related to ResScan.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2017, 06:31 PM)So "JV16 Power Tools 2017" actually worked. I\m glad I bought the "lifetime" version years ago. Wrote: like

Every single time I have run JV16 it has screwed over something in my Windows configuration and it doesn't matter what I do I can't undo it. So I'm using Sleepyhead for now until this is fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,337 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,628 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.