Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan load error
RE: ResScan load error
It works for me on Creator Update changing the compatibility configuration on windows.

If you run in Windows 8 mode it works.

I found this advice in some old messages on the forum.

I use Resscan 5.8 and Windows 10 version 1703.

Bye

Luca
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Luca. I'm not ready for "creator" yet. I typically wait for them to release their first major patch or SP.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,

This morning I was happy to see that ResScan version 5.8 was available.  I installed it hoping that the newer version would correct the "pure virtual function" problem that began occurring subsequent to the Windows Creators update last month.   Unfortunately, in my case at least, the newer version did NOT correct the problem.  (Likewise, neither the registry "fix" procedure mentioned in this thread nor changing the "compatibility" setting was effective.)

If anyone has successfully eliminated the "pure virtual function" problem either with version 5.8 (or any another means), could you please post that information?  Specifically, I would like to know if anyone has ResScan working with Windows 10 Version 1703 (Creators Edition Update).

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
z counter,
If you haven't tried updating your MS VC++ redist package, here is the link to the latest version: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...le-package.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
z Counter,

read my post above yours. Setting Compatibility Mode to Windows 8 works for me, with version 5.8.

I think this is not a problem only related to Creator Update, because I found the solution on an old post here on the forum, I tested it and it works for me.

In any case I like SleepyHead a lot more, so I'll go on using it.

Regards

Luca
Post Reply Post Reply
Luca,

Thanks for pointing me back to your previous post.  I have tried running ResScan in Windows 8 compatibility mode, but iResScan still failed with the "pure virtual function call" message.  As you suggested, the problem may not be related to the Windows "creators" update.  I only know that like another user had mentioned, the problem occurred after the Windows update was applied. 

I wish I could get closer to understanding why the problem is occurring.  I have cleaned up anything in my configuration that might have been a possible suspect, but to no avail.  I am frustrated that ResScan is not putting out any useful messages and the only thing logged in the System Events is a "ResScan started" event 256.

I'll continue poking about and hope I get lucky!

Regards,

-m-
Post Reply Post Reply
z counter,
Try re-installing the M$ VC++ Redistributable library. If you're using a 64 bit Windows, you will need to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape, 

I had tried reinstalling the C++ Redistributables when you first suggested it.  Since I wasn't getting closer to the root of the problem I reinstalled them again and verified that I still had the problem.   

About the only additional action that I could think of to try was to recreate the Windows user.  Lo and behold, ResScan worked just fine after this.  

I think that bigk phrased it correctly when he described the error as "a Windows Creators Update inspired error".  I suspect that in my case, something was slightly wonky with the Creators update when it was applied to my system and it resulted in a partially corrupted user profile. 

At least it works now....

Thanks again for your help!

-m-
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,628 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.