Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Plotting AHI over time
Plotting AHI over time
Does SleepyHead have a mechanism for plotting the AHI values it calculates over time - with or without any kind of breakdown information?

Short of entering the numbers into a Spread-sheet, I have not found a way to do it.

The reason is simple. This number appears to be a MAJOR justification used by Sleep Clinics (in testing) and Doctors to determine that you need some kind of therapy, and the success of that therapy -- but there doesn't seem to be a mechanic for monitoring this number.

Of course, my experience so far has been that the Doctor doesn't believe in numbers, but just in "do I feel better" using the device than not using it.UnsureHuhsign

I don't disagree (completely) with that approach, but being and Engineer, it really bothers me.
Bill Magill
Retired computing and networking professional
(ARPAnet, Unix and Mac OSX)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint —
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Plotting AHI over time
I'm not sure this will help; The Overview screen in SleepyHead allows you can select the date range then at the top of the AHI graph will be the lowest/average/highest for AHI and all its subcategories.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Overview Tab tracks AHI as well as H, OA, CA, RERA and many other things over your therapy history. You can change what is tracked in preferences, but I think the information should be there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At the bottom of the CPAP Statistics page, it will list all changes made, days used, AHI, etc.

Then over to the very right of that same screen, in blue area, go to bottom and click on Records, which gives breakdown of best and worse settings, AHI,etc.

And the overview screen as mentioned above.
I don't know about any other way.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm... I've never had anything appear in the Overview pages.
I've played with the "range" value, but nothing ...

Maybe I just didn't wait long enough.
It just "popped-up" as I was typing the previous comment.

No, that is not the answer -- the Overview page reacts very strangely.
It will sit there blank until you click IN the graph window -- then they all fill in -- but the date range doesn't match the selection at the bottom.

Bill Magill
Retired computing and networking professional
(ARPAnet, Unix and Mac OSX)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint —
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 02:53 PM)whmagill Wrote: Hmmm... I've never had anything appear in the Overview pages.
I've played with the "range" value, but nothing ...

Maybe I just didn't wait long enough.
It just "popped-up" as I was typing the previous comment.

Have you right-clicked in the graph area?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is one way to organize the Overview to look at AHI and its components. You can use the small window at the bottom right to turn on or off the various charts, and you can drag the charts into the order you want to view them.

[attachment=2165]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 02:36 PM)whmagill Wrote: Does SleepyHead have a mechanism for plotting the AHI values it calculates over time - with or without any kind of breakdown information?

Short of entering the numbers into a Spread-sheet, I have not found a way to do it.

The reason is simple. This number appears to be a MAJOR justification used by Sleep Clinics (in testing) and Doctors to determine that you need some kind of therapy, and the success of that therapy -- but there doesn't seem to be a mechanic for monitoring this number.

Of course, my experience so far has been that the Doctor doesn't believe in numbers, but just in "do I feel better" using the device than not using it.UnsureHuhsign

I don't disagree (completely) with that approach, but being and Engineer, it really bothers me.

Good to see there is another Dr. Who fan in the group.....I have also been looking for way to do some type of six sigma or capability analysis. I have been lifting my data and placing it into a spread sheet. I use this forum to try and understand construct of the therapy, what my numbers mean, and how I can improve the process. I am worried there is a high level of measurement uncertainty in the process. I suspect that is why your Dr. uses the "feel better" approach. So far I do not feel better! I do realize that may never feel better since I felt fine before I started the therapy. Ergo it may always make me feel worse.

"it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy"
Bon Jovi

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 80 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 200 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 320 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 750 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Surprise using OSCAR the first time jaytee80 7 748 08-06-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: jaytee80

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.