Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan or Sleepyhead?
ResScan or Sleepyhead?
I am getting ready to download a programme to read my Resmed S9 card when I start to use.
Does anyone have preferences for either ResScan or Sleepyhead? I hope I have the names right.
I have noticed they both take up a huge amount of download, so I really don't want to download both if I don't have to.
I am looking for something that is very easy for me to read. Thank you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan or Sleepyhead?
I've downloaded both but so far have only used Resmed and it's very easy to read. We'll I did try to transfer files to sleep software cause I didn't have my sd card and that didn't work. It was at the DME. I'll try it tonight.
I just opened sleepyhead and I like it better but when the DME is looking at it I want to be able to talk to him about what he sees. So I'll still use both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby. I have both on my computer but SleepyHead is the one that gets most use. ResScan is really set up for clinic operation with multiple patients, though of course you can use it in the one patient home situation

I find SleepyHead is a bit less fiddly to use, needs less mouse clicks to get things done and is more intuitive. It gives you all the data that ResScan does in a more digestible form.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both on my computer and download the info in both programs. I look at the data mostly in SleepyHead though. I do look at the data in ResScan too but it depends on what I am looking for/at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Bladskinner, DeepBreathing and Me50. Going by what you say and something I saw that SuperSleeper said, I might download SleepyHead first and try it out. I definitely go for user friendly. Like this site.
So I will get an SD card in my S9 machine and that will record what goes on the first night etc., then I can put it in to my computer, after SleepyHead is installed and it will read the card for me?
Too easy, I hope.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2014, 02:08 AM)Gabby Wrote: Thank you Bladskinner, DeepBreathing and Me50. Going by what you say and something I saw that SuperSleeper said, I might download SleepyHead first and try it out. I definitely go for user friendly. Like this site.
So I will get an SD card in my S9 machine and that will record what goes on the first night etc., then I can put it in to my computer, after SleepyHead is installed and it will read the card for me?
Too easy, I hope.

Yeah it's pretty easy. It's a good idea to write protect the card before putting it in the computer - apparently some computers / operating systems write an index file to the card which the S9 gets cranky about.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest check the hours on the machine, if used by other people might be good idea to erase the data on the machine, reformat the card or even better get a new SD card and change the filter
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry DeepBreathing, do not understand what you mean?
Write protect the card?
Some computer/operating systems write an index file to the card that the S9 gets cranky about?

Zonk, I get about erasing or getting a new SD card if needed. Also what filter do I change please?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2014, 05:19 AM)Gabby Wrote: Sorry DeepBreathing, do not understand what you mean?
Write protect the card?
Some computer/operating systems write an index file to the card that the S9 gets cranky about?

Zonk, I get about erasing or getting a new SD card if needed. Also what filter do I change please?

Write protect the card: On the side of your SD card, there is a white slide button for lack of a better way to describe it. Slide it into the lock position (down I think) before putting it in your computer...especially if you use windows 8.1) and after you download your data and take the SD card out of your computer, be sure to slide it back into the unlock position and watch when you put it back in your machine to see if it says reading card or a similar message.

If you are getting a new machine, you should not have to erase your SD card or get a new one.

On the back of your cpap machine, there is a filter to filter out dust, dirt, pet hair, etc. If your machine is new and never been used, the filter should be a new and clean one.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
OMG! Thanks Me50, how am I expected to know of all of this? Just as well you good people are here. I shall save all of this valuable information. I had better order the filters.
This is all very so overwhelming and I don't know how I will cope with it all. It's not just a matter of sticking a mask on your face every night, if only.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 230 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,499 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 231 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 465 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 607 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,966 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 631 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.