Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan problems with printing/saving report
ResScan problems with printing/saving report
I am trying to print and/or save a report to fax/email to my sleep doc before a telephone conference. In the Report window, after the report has prepared and completed, if I select Print, or Save, or Save As, ResScan burps and eventually completely closes. Nothing is printed, and nothing is saved. I tried a Repair, without success, and then uninstalled ResScan, cleaned the registry, did a clean install as admin, and still no joy. Anybody else having this problem? This is new to me, although I have never saved anthing other than the 30 day compliance report before. Once saved as a pdf, it is easy to print.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan problems with printing/saving report
I don't know usually my son does everything for me. If you,re trying to do a report for a month may be do it for a week and see what happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 03:15 PM)zonk Wrote: I don't know usually my son does everything for me. If you,re trying to do a report for a month may be do it for a week and see what happen.

Doesn't matter what period I choose, or whether I want to Email, Save, Save As, Print, whatever. It waits for about 10 seconds, then begins to flash - almost too fast to see - some small windows, then closes. When it restarts, it says it closed incorrectly and do I want to look at the last patient files.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 06:08 PM)JumpStart Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 03:15 PM)zonk Wrote: I don't know usually my son does everything for me. If you,re trying to do a report for a month may be do it for a week and see what happen.

Doesn't matter what period I choose, or whether I want to Email, Save, Save As, Print, whatever. It waits for about 10 seconds, then begins to flash - almost too fast to see - some small windows, then closes. When it restarts, it says it closed incorrectly and do I want to look at the last patient files.
somebody help me remember where. there's a list of logs or messages someplace that shows every error message the computer produces. it may be in there or maybe resscan has its own .log file.

edit - try control panel - administrative tools - event viewer. see if you can find something in there.

First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to mention (before nodding off again bad night last night) may help or may not Dont-know
Look at the resscan clinical guide to create, save and email a report
[trouble shooting
Cannot create reports
Do not have the correct version of Internet Explorer
Install Internet Explorer 5.5 (or greater)]
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 12:27 PM)JumpStart Wrote: I am trying to print and/or save a report to fax/email to my sleep doc before a telephone conference. In the Report window, after the report has prepared and completed, if I select Print, or Save, or Save As, ResScan burps and eventually completely closes. Nothing is printed, and nothing is saved. I tried a Repair, without success, and then uninstalled ResScan, cleaned the registry, did a clean install as admin, and still no joy. Anybody else having this problem? This is new to me, although I have never saved anthing other than the 30 day compliance report before. Once saved as a pdf, it is easy to print.

I just tested on my PC and what you describe doesn't happen at all on mine. First on the start screen, I open my patient file. Then I choose reports under option 4. I then highlight the dates that I want the report to cover on the Data Browser box on the left side of the screen. Next, I choose the type of report I want to see from the drop down pre-formatted reports list at the top. If you choose one of the reports without detailed data, a report pops up on the screen instantaneously. If you chose a report with detailed data, then another pop up box opens and you choose the dates that you want detailed data graphs. The more detailed data graphs you choose, the longer it takes to complete the report. Once the report is complete, I hit the print button and it opens up a copy of the report in a new window in Adobe Reader. Then I hit the print button and it printed. Also tried save as and that worked just fine as well. I'm not getting any flashing windows at all like you mention.Dont-knowDont-know
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that is the way it worked for me before, and when I printed my 30 day compliance report to take with me to my dr appointment. It doesn't now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 10:28 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Yes, that is the way it worked for me before, and when I printed my 30 day compliance report to take with me to my dr appointment. It doesn't now.

i wonder if your resscan installation is corrupted or the section you are trying to click is lying over a bad sector on the hard drive. i don't recall if you said you did uninstall, reinstall or not. it might work.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 12:27 PM)JumpStart Wrote: .... I tried a Repair, without success, and then uninstalled ResScan, cleaned the registry, did a clean install as admin, and still no joy.

I tried the reinstall, as stated above, three different times. The only change between when it was working and now is the updates I have gotten via MS as security fixes. I also downloaded another copy of ResScan, but its hash matched the one I already had, so there are no changes to consider. Not only aggravating, but rather puzzling.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2012, 08:50 AM)JumpStart Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 12:27 PM)JumpStart Wrote: .... I tried a Repair, without success, and then uninstalled ResScan, cleaned the registry, did a clean install as admin, and still no joy.

I tried the reinstall, as stated above, three different times. The only change between when it was working and now is the updates I have gotten via MS as security fixes. I also downloaded another copy of ResScan, but its hash matched the one I already had, so there are no changes to consider. Not only aggravating, but rather puzzling.

ok then, try this. roll your computer back to the date it last worked good. you can then reinstall the updates one at a time and see when it happens. alternately, i think there is a way to uninstall updates. back in the old days when windows re-installs were easier i've been known to get pixxed off and re-install the whole darn thing because of something like this. grrrrrrr...

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,334 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 158 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.