Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan problems with printing/saving report
RE: ResScan problems with printing/saving report
(04-28-2012, 09:11 AM)greatunclebill Wrote: ok then, try this. roll your computer back to the date it last worked good. you can then reinstall the updates one at a time and see when it happens. alternately, i think there is a way to uninstall updates. back in the old days when windows re-installs were easier i've been known to get pixxed off and re-install the whole darn thing because of something like this. grrrrrrr...

Thanks for your input, GUB. While I can very easily take everything back to 4/21, my last full backup, or even 4/5, my last retained backup, I am not certain when ResScan quit that function. The compliance report I mentioned was some time ago. And I would also have to manually reinstall a number of data files for various programs which are automatically backed up whenever their data changes. All do-able, but very time consuming. And since I don't know when it quit, my backups may not cover everything. Also - I'm lazy. I don't really want to start a project that may or may not work. However, since I am not finding a quick fix, that may be my only option. I can certainly remove updates - in Win 7, it is Start >Control Panel >Programs and Features. Select View Installed Updates, and you can delete those you choose. I think that Monday (I will be out-of-pocket most of the weekend) I will begin there, unless someone comes up with a magic solution.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
before doing any of that, do a full check disk to ensure you're not dealing with a bad sector(s) and a program that insists on reinstalling back in that same spot on the hard drive. remember, anything is possible. things not working here and there are sometimes the first indicator of hdd problems.

another thought is maybe you can get an external hard drive or second hard drive and tell a new resscan to install on that drive. is that workable?
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
No joy on chkdsk, as there are no identified problems. Will think about using my NAS (network attached storage) as an installation option - not sure how that would work. Thanks for the suggestions - don't stop! :grin:

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2012, 10:41 AM)JumpStart Wrote: No joy on chkdsk, as there are no identified problems.

but, that is great joy. better to have no hdd problems and a program that don't function, than to have hdd problems and a program that works fine. i'll take the clean chkdsk every time.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 159 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.