Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan says doing great, pulse oximeter says not so good!!
RE: ResScan says doing great, pulse oximeter says not so good!!
(07-11-2014, 12:18 AM)Peter_C Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 10:50 PM)Don in Austin Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 10:17 PM)diamaunt Wrote: it says nothing about what caused it. you are guessing that it was an apnea.

you have data (according to your sig) from the machine available in multiple programs, instead of assuming that it was an apnea, why don't you check the data and see what it says.

What else would it be? What besides an apnea causes a heart rate spike concurrent with a sharp O2 dip?

It is easy to find the time because I pulled the hose of the mask to go take a pee when I woke up. My machine is set for auto-shutoff when the hose is disconnected so Sleepy Head and ResScan marked the time of awakening. There is nothing out of the ordinary recorded by SleepyHead or ResScan before the awakening and the time of the event that the oximeter captured immediately before awakening.

I am still puzzled by your replies.

Don in Austin

Two thoughts?

Cryptic replies can be tough to understand I agree...

About your comment:

Quote:What else would it be? What besides an apnea causes a heart rate spike concurrent with a sharp O2 dip?

Realizing I am *NOT* a doctor, I would say a large number of different things *could* cause the above, and if you can't prove it to be an OSA-related event, and if it happens again, I would strongly think about discussing this with my doctor.

A heart 'event' could cause the O2 drop - besides it being the other way round. Just a thought? Classic 'CHF' issue (Congestive Heart Failure) - please note - a thousand different issues could be the cause, as well as just a random issue.

:I have had all kinds of heart tests done and passed with flying colors. I am pretty fit for age 68. A couple weeks ago I did a 110 mile bike ride in 90* Texas heat. I ride my bike 100+ miles a week with young "roadies," so it is not like I should be expected to huff and puff getting out of bed to walk to the pee-pot.

I am going to:

A: Try to sync the clocks on the pulse oximeter and the CPAP tighter. But the pulse oximeter clock doesn't keep time great.

B: Keep comparing the two.

Last night I had greater pressure on the CPAP and it blew a lot of leaks. The pulse oximeter reading showed far fewer events than the CPAP -- the opposite of what had been happening.

Don in Austin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan says doing great, pulse oximeter says not so good!!
I am on the edge of buying an oxymeter (right noe I'd prefer the CMS50I because of the ability to do multiple sessions) ...one thing still lets me hesitate: I looked ın dozens of appropriate threads, but never found a picture with e.g. leakrate, flowrate, SpO2 and pulserate showing how they correlate! Is it possible to analyze those in detail? If so, could please somebody load up an exempal?? Did you invent a trick 'how to' sync CPAP and oxymeter in an easy way?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,221 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.