Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan - [version 5.7] - [old version]
RE: ResScan - [version 5.7]
I will seriously think about that. Or better yet try
to talk my Dr. into prescribing a decent one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have one of the proprietary smartcard readers that the S8 machines use? They're non-standard and hard to find.

I'm not sure how the S8 Vantage will compare to the legacy REMStar auto data, but an S9, A10, PRS1, or DreamStation will give you MUCH better data, and will use a standard SD card. They'll also work with SleepyHead software, which is much better than Encore, and at least as good as ResScan, if not better.

(12-10-2016, 01:57 PM)E.W. Wrote: I just picked up a S8 vantage and have been trying to get the resscan softwarwe but somehow that link isn't working for me. But I have a question is this software going to give me more data with an S8 than I was getting with an old Remstar Auto using Encorebasic. That old Remstar was the style discontinued in 2007. See I am wondering it realy be worth it to download this software and spend $65 for the usb data transfer cable .

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I can get a cable to hook directly to my computer for about $65 but
it might be better to put that $65 towards a newer machine. I just tend to
be a tight wad and hate to spend money.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan - both version 5.7 and 5.6
From looking at the manual, I gather their intent is simply to install 5.7 as an "upgrade" to 5.6 It says on p. 2:

"Note: If you upgraded ResScan your saved preferences, custom reports and patient files will still be available after the upgrade."

I have been using version 5.7 since 12/6/16 (replaced 5.6) and have had no problems. It was like a drop in replacement. I use the SD Card to take the data from my AirSense 10 AutoSense to a USB3.0 card reader on my computer.

It seems from looking at the organization and naming of program and data files that one would have to be fairly clever and careful to rename the folders so that the two versions could co-exist. And IMHO it simply would not be worth it.
--
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan - [version 5.7] need help getting started
Hi,

I am new to CPAP and to the ApneaBoard, and would appreciate some help. I have moderate OA, and am using ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. I want to be actively involved in monitoring my usage, and have successfully downloaded ResScan 5.7.

Looking at my options for downloading data from my CPAP in the Clinical Guide, it seems that removing the SD card and using an SD card reader to get the data to ResScan in my computer would be the easiest, and would avoid having to attempt purchasing gear from ResMed since they do not "invite" patients to use their software. Am I correct? And would any SD card reader do the job? are there any problems in removing and re-inserting the SD card in the ResMed10?

My Sleep Apnea healthcare provider is relatively inaccessible, but I will need him to certify my compliance to Medicare. I'm not very computer literate, so please excuse some naive questions: Is there any way that he will "see" that I have set up my own patient file on ResScan? Am I correct that downloading data from an SD card copies it rather than removes it from the SD card? Is there any record of my downloading activities that will be seen by my health care provider?

Many thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD reader will work. The file format is FAT 32.

Any data on Resscan resides on your machine. There is not any way for a provider to know.

For a more useful data format, that is much easier to use and interpret, be sure to give #SleepyHead a try. It is a free download. I bet you will quit using Resscan once you find out how much better it is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
many thanks for this info. And I saw another post of yours this morning, and did download Sleepyhead v1.0.0-beta 2 [cb213ccOpenGL]. But the list of supported CPAP machines only went up to ResMed S9. Will my version actually support ResMed AirSense 10 Auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 01:38 PM)decibelrelief Wrote: Will my version actually support ResMed AirSense 10 Auto?

Yes!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
Can't install ResScan 5.7 on windows 10 pro 64bit.  Get message that installation interrupted.  Tried installing setup.exe in compatability mode for Windows 8 and Windows 7 but same result. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MortR - Welcome

Based off your profile, ResScan won't work with your machine. ResScan only works with Resmed equipment.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 83 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 370 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 202 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.