Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan version 6.0 [old version]
Information 
ResScan version 6.0 [old version]
SuperSleeper Wrote:
ADMIN NOTE INSERTED:
Updated March 9, 2019
Note from April 9, 2019:  Newest ResScan version is 6.0.1, see this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-NOTICE-ResScan-6-0-1-now-available

IMPORTANT NOTICE:   Although ResScan 6.0 is the most recent version of ResScan, we recommend that you download and use ResScan 5.9 instead.  This is because ResMed has included a complicated username & password login system in version 6.0 which has given some users trouble.  There are no major changes between version 5.9 and version 6.0, so to avoid potential problems simply download and use ResScan version 5.9.

Follow the directions in THIS THREAD to receive instruction on how to download ResScan 5.9 or 6.0.

The email you will receive includes new download links for both ResScan 5.9 and ResScan 6.0

As of May 29, 2018, ResMed has released a new version of the ResScan software.  Please note this version will only work on Windows and will only work for ResMed  brand CPAP machines.

The new version is ResScan 6.0.

Please see this thread for information on how to obtain the new version:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

(login required, if need be, please register for a free forum account HERE)

Since ResMed does not release a changlog listing what specific changes or updates have been done in this new version, we have no idea how this new version differs from previous versions.

If anyone has issues or comments about this new version, please reply in this thread.  

Coffee

ADMIN EDIT:

We've now included a link to download the older ResScan version 5.9 in the auto-responder email (click here for instructions on how to receive that email).
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: New ResScan version 6.0
I'm getting a login request when openin ResScan 6.0. Any known workarounds?

Nevermind, I'm dumb.
I'm dumber - What do you do with the login prompt???
(05-29-2018, 11:15 PM)ClearStonePrez Wrote: I'm dumber - What do you do with the login prompt???

You login with your machine's windows login details, on my machine it was my hotmail account details as I was using that for my authentication
Okay, I'm wondering why this has changed in ResScan version 6.0?  In version 5.9, there was no login required, but now with 6.0 there is...

Anyone have a clue as to why this was changed?

FYI:

If this "login" requirement is a concern, you can still download version 5.9 or older versions of ResScan.

All you need to do to get the older version(s) is change the version number in the download link that is sent from the autoresponder.

For instance, change the "6.0" portion of the link to "5.9" or "5.8" or whatever.  A few of the older versions are usually kept on the server.

Happy Eyes
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

For clarification, the following notice was added to the autoresponder's download email for ResScan 6.0:

Quote:New "login" requirement for version 6.0:

Please note that when you run ResScan version 6.0, you will be asked to login using a username & password.    You should use the same username & password as you use to log into your Microsoft Windows user account.  CLICK HERE for instructions on how to find your Windows username.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

I'm guessing two things; First, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has finally gone into affect on May 25th.  Second, HIPAA;s requirements for data protection.  Since ResScan is a Standalone program, there isn't(wasn't) any data access protection on the computer running ResScan.  My guess is based off of several security risk assessment audits and the elevnety-million questions targeted on this area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Ok, thanks Red.  Makes sense.

So, my question is:

By logging into ResScan 6.0 with our Windows username/password combination, would this pose any sort of "risk" or concern to Windows users?

Also, does ResScan require us to log in using the Administrator username/password, or simply whoever is logged into Windows at the time of installation (normal user account)?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

I don't see it as a risk concern of logging in more of an issue in knowing which account and password to use in a home environment, and the pain of having to do it when using the application.
Is ResScan ver 6.0 requiring you to log in each and every time the app starts up?  Or only first-time use or installation?

(currently running Linux, so I can't use ResScan)
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.