Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan wont run
ResScan wont run
I downloaded ResScan 5.9 on the windows 10 and I keep getting this notice.
[Image: obxRurk.png]

My virus software was turned off during the download and install. I did not check any of the 3 subprograms even though they were installed.
I Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times and I get the same results.

I also tried Rescan 6.0 and it wont let me log in because it does not recognize my password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan wont run
(12-15-2019, 08:08 AM)car54 Wrote: I did not check any of the 3 subprograms even though they were installed.
I Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times and I get the same results.

Couple of things:

1.  Not sure if you're aware, but ResScan is for ResMed machines only...  Your profile shows a Philips-Respironics DreamStation machine, which is incompatible with ResScan.

2.  You stated that you did not check the "3 subprograms", but yet they were installed?  How did that happen?  I assume you're talking about the proprietary drivers, correct?  If those were installed, all hope is lost.  I've not seen anyone recover from that mistake.   That borks your system from ever being able to run any version of ResScan at all.  That's why there's a bold warning about not checking those proprietary drivers in the installation process.  If you know what you're doing, you might have some hope in tweaking some registry setting, but I'm not aware of anyone who has successfully done that after installing the proprietary drivers.

Short of that, you can do a forum search for "pure virtual function", and that will bring up several threads with various solutions that might work for you.  But if indeed the proprietary drivers were installed, I'm not sure you will find anything that works for that.

Of course, the OSCAR software supports both newer PR and ResMed machines, and it's a much better program anyway.

Hopefully others can chime in here and provide more insight for you.  Good luck.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe car54 is using a ResMed VAuto now. He just hasn’t updated his profile.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2019, 08:08 AM)car54 Wrote: I also tried Rescan 6.0 and it wont let me log in because it does not recognize my password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Car54

About that password ... it is the same as the password you use to log on to your Windows account where the program was installed. Usually the same log on you use to access your machine. If you do not use a password, you may want to implement one in user accounts -- or set up a new account with a specific log on and install the program into that account.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Supersleeper ,

As OpalRose said, I just recently changed machines and I just updated my profile.

It turns out that the program did not install the 3 add ons, it just installed a link to install them later.

I just want to try the software just to try it.

I will do a search for "pure virtual function" and see what i can find. 

srlevine1,

I am usually very good with passwords. The computer was set up up to 8 years ago and somehow it was lost. 

Thanks, I will keep working on it car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Microsoft likes to tell the public that it is secure, but most IT pros know that: one, this is not true; and two, there are a number of utilities that can bypass, recover, or reset most passwords used on your machine. You may wish to Google "reset Microsoft 10 password" without the quotes. We used to do it all the time before a user left the company or one suddenly departed. I think you might scare yourself to see a utility that can recover all of those "secure" passwords from email programs in under one second. Even from a dead computer with a functioning hard disk.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
srlevine1, 

I have looked into that but I have not done it yet.

I did create in new user in windows and I was able to get both programs running. I think Oscar is much better from the little amount of playing that I did with ResScan. That how you learn

thanks, car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 230 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,495 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 230 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 464 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 605 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,964 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 631 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.