Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support?
ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support?
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market of a new CPAP machine, and checking some suppliers that I can reach, I'm seeing Resvent's iBreeze model available and at a much lower price than the more established brands.

Are they any good? Worth considering?

Do you guys hope that it will get supported by OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support?
Myself personally, I would stick with ResMed. They're worth the price for the best therapy for most users.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with SarcasticDave94.

We really don't know anything about the ResVent iBreeze; it appears to be a new, lower cost machine. We don't know what the machine writes on the SD card and whether it is the kind of data that OSCAR could even use.

It is unlikely that OSCAR will support that machine in the foreseeable future. Our focus is on more common machines that have more users.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay thanks.

Personally, I've ordered an Airsense 10. 

But devices like iBreeze that may open up the market to lower price point should be good for the community in the long run...
Post Reply Post Reply
Deleted.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just  got the ibreeze 20A through my insurance and I love it.  One company had me on a 7 month waiting list,  but I went with another and got this one in a week!   I personally had problems with the airsense 10.   Its alogrithm for its z-waves apparently was different then the dreamstation.   What would happen I believe because I have a very weak exhale was the mask would constantly shake on my face.   I even exchanged it a couple times to determine it was the design of the machine.   I ended up demanding a dreamstation which i had previously used in an overnight study, even though the dme company thought I was crazy,  and I had no problems.    But now I wonder if the dreamstation was also just garbage and less sensitive because the autostart never worked right on it.  And apparently it was killing me the past 5 years.    Once I even thought I saw black specs in it,  but if I do not use the machine my throat gets very swollen and painful.  

So i was very worried about all the hell I went through years ago when awaiting a new machine.   But this Ibreeze is a dream.   The algorithm,  the leak prevention,  Everything worked beautifully and comfortably.   My watch told me I had a good sleep which it hasn't done in a while lol.  0.4 ahi.  I use a Siesta Full Face mask, and I miss the ability to quick release from the hose with the F&P Simplus full mask,   but this siesta  works much better with the machine.  

My only issue is that there is no WIFI option like the manual states and after some research determined it is not approved in the US.  Maybe for national security?  lol.  So you have to upload data the old fashioned way by putting the sd card in your pc.  To be honest not sure I want to hook it to wifi anyways.  Not for fear of intrusion through the device,  but intrusion into the device from the rest of my network! lol.       Also it has no heated tube.   And I had trouble getting the humidifer tray out at first I guess I need practice lol.    But I find the little plastic latch on the tray itself sketchy and worried i could break it.  

But other then that I'm just glad they didn't send me an airsense 10.   I don't care about looking at the data.    I actually need therapy and just want the dam thing to work for me.  I'm considered severe apnea at 30, but the bigger problem is my uvularly and my whole throat swelling.    

IMO this whole industry and everyone in it is a joke.  I just moved from NYC to South Jersey and in this process already filed a complain on a dme company.   Told me I had an appointment for 3 months.  Insisted they bring me the machine,  then 3 months later told me i had no appointment and wanted me to wait another 4 months.  I flipped out,  three way called with my insurance company and filed a complaint on them.      I went with another company that kept giving me the run around for a month and I actually had to sick my insurance company on them as well.      And in a week they sent me the machine in a box with instructions.      I believe the problem is most people dont' actually need the therapy and even more don't stick with it.   So noone complains and noone is interested. These companies get away with everything!.   None of these companies even call me I always have to stay on top of them.   In fact after I'm done posting here I'm going to call my insurance company and get the invoice of what this company says they are charging them for!    

So take what people on here say with a grain of salt.   These people are not doctors,  and the actual doctors are not much better.   Don't let the price and the fact its a chinese company guide your decision if you don't need to be playing doctor on your pc.   Its all about how you feel when using it and personally I would save the money.
Post Reply Post Reply
welp, I was wrong the thing is a piece of junk. lol Its not even auto adjusting. I think i'm gonna have to request a resemed. Sad My doctor set me at 5-20 pressure. This thing stays right at a flat 5 and never adjusts. My dreamstation use to avg at 10.5. I'm not sure what to make of this but now i'm worried the machine is not even working right.
Post Reply Post Reply
richac,

It sounds like your 20A may be in CPAP mode instead of APAP mode.  Can you verify the settings in the clinical (doctor) menus and see what they are set to?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou for your reply.   yes i checked it was set in apap mode.  with 5 minimum and 20 max.     I did a factory reset to see if that changed anything and it set to a minimum of 4 and max of 12.    I set it for full face mask and 15mm tube.    But this time it just stayed around 4 the whole time.   I woke up feeling very drained and having hard time breathing as if i'm very strained from breathing all night.  According to the machine I have good ahi below 2. 

I've used a dreamstation for 5 years and it would usually ramp up to around 10.5   I've never felt great when using it,   but the main issue I have is my throat swells up from snoring mostly on exhale and when using the machine this didn't happen at least.      With the ibreeze last night i felt a little discomfort in my throat so I think i must of been snoring slightly but not excessive.    My sleep study had me at 29 just below 30 which they said is severe.   

I meet my doctor on June 1 I don't even know what to tell her.   Its been years now and I never really got the help i need.  I can't even function anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
richac,

Do you happen to have the iMatrix software for your machine installed on your computer?  If you could post a screenshot of that someone may be able to see something.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 131 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,333 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 5 170 03-09-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 679 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.