Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support?
RE: ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support?
here is graphs of my data for the day.   I forgot to mention when I tried to use the machine during the day to lie down for a while and just check it out,  it was ramping up like my old dream station was.   I thought oh good its working now.  But then later on that night as you see it seemed to be back to same behavior stuck on the lowest setting of 5.    SO then in middle of night i decided to factory reset it to see if any change.   after I reset the machine stayed on the lowest setting of 4.     My pulse, respiration and oxygen levels seemed fine according to my garmin watch.   I don't think I got much sleep and myabe I was forcing my breathing too much because of anxiety?   I"m just concerned the pressure is not really changing and so much lower then my dreamstation was.            

Post Reply Post Reply
It is Auto-adjusting, just not to the levels that you expect. It seems to provide decent EPR/PS which is good.
Set your min pressure to 9. that is based on approaching the 10.5 you used to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes I do like the pressure relief on it,  but then again its at the lowest pressure.  I'll raise the minimum pressure.    I do notice now in the graphs alot more Flow limitation on 4 compared to 5.    I've also used a resmed which always ramped up to around the same as the dreamstation.       While this thing doesn't ramp up at all.  I don't understand why that is.

I even tried holding my breath for 10 seconds a bunch of times and the machine didn't seem to care not one bit.   Even tried purposely leaking the mask while breathing for a few minutes.   It didn't care.  I'm not sure what the hell caused it to ramp up a little bit on the rare occasions  it did.   Or why as you see in the graph it instantly ramped up so much when I laid down during the day for an hour.     I just wanted to correct my original statement and advise people against using this machine if they can.   Besides the terrible humidity tray,  the loose and noisy air intake latch and poor filtering, the whistling,   Now add the fact the apap is totally bogus and it looks like I'm going to be using it as a cpap,   Its junk.  I'm just going to tell my doctor hopefully i croak.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I just increased it to 5.5 and it feels way better then 4 and 5. On the display it actually says its starting at 6. So I'll just use it as is. Its better then having nothing. Who knows maybe it is just far superior to the airsense 10 and dreamstation lol. I tried it at 9 and it was blowing me away super strong. So it could just be the way this thing is calibrated or my current mask and tube setup which is different then what I use to use. Maybe I have less leaks I don't know. But for someone like me with a weak exhale I am loving the IPR on this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rick,

I am a new member and my DME supplier gave me a Resvent iBreeze 20A. I haven't been very happy with it ànd had the supplier change the mask and some settings, one of which was the E-COMP. This was turned "ON" and it forces the pressure to start at 50% of the prescribed value, and incrementally steps up the pressure each successive day. That made me think that the device was just "idling" and not trying to push air like I thought it should.  I went into the clinical settings, turned off E-COMP, adjusted the base setting from 4 to 5, and lowered the maximum setting from 9 to 7.5. I am going to see if this change works and then I can start titrating to a higher value to see if the AHI number drops.

My apnea is not severe but I am borderline diabetic and have CHF with A-fib (with an implanted pacemaker/defibrillator) and all of my attending physicians seem to think there is some connection with OSA so maybe they are right but so far I am losing more sleep now than ever before.

Good luck on your efforts.

Ed L.
Southern WV
Post Reply Post Reply
My medical supplier didn't have the Resmed 10/11 that I wanted. They only had the Resvent Ibreeze. I've only had it 3 weeks. It's been very unsatisfactory. Pressure changes abruptly and wakes me up. The relief pressure function is out of sync with my breathing. I even changed it from apap to cpap and that also was awful. Can't get a decent night's sleep with it. I've tried many settings but none make any difference. (I've been using cpap for over 10 years and understand how to do a proper setup.) I'm going to see if the supplier will take it back. Want to be sure I don't have to pay for it! Medicare is currently lined up to cover it. I expect I'll need to purchase the Resmed Autosense (10 or 11) out of pocket. Not cheap, at $1,000. I definitely would not recommend getting the Resvent Ibreeze. I was reading an article in which a number of devices were tested and their numbers compared with a calibration device. The Resmeds were great. The Ibreeze was way off. The actual ahi # was ten times higher than what the ibreeze indicated. I rarely log in to this website, but saw your post and felt I should say something.
Post Reply Post Reply
StanMacG,

I'm with you on the idiosyncrasies of the Resvent iBreeze. I downloaded the Clinical Guide and from what I can determine the CPAP feature isn't working the way the guide describes. I'm going to ask for a replacement unit hoping that there is a software issue and not an overall design flaw.  I'm also going to contact Medicare and see what my options are if the Resvent just does not perform.

Thank you for the reply

Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
This is to update my May 7 post about the Ibreeze. As a last resort, I decided to do the "reset" on my device. It worked great, and I'm now ok with keeping the unit. When you do the reset, it leaves all your information intact on the sd card. Apparently, likely due to poor algorithms, the Ibreeze may not function well when you change it's setup. It's working so good now that it's unlikely that I'll make any changes in the future. So, if your Ibreeze is not working right for you, try doing the "reset." I've used mine 3 nights now after the reset and it's actually quite comfortable. By the way, I have it in the APAP mode, which will vary the pressure. CPAP will just use one pressure setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations and I hope the iBreeze continues to work well for you.  My DME supplier took back my iBreeze 20A and gave me a Phillip's Dream Station 2 that had just come in. I will see how it works for my situation and hopefully I will be able to get a good night's rest.

Ed L
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very disappointed in my ibreeze as well. How did you go about sending it back?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 132 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,343 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 101 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 5 178 03-09-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 413 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 684 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.