Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support?
RE: ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support?
I merely called my DME. The therapist was very understanding about the issue with the iBreeze and she wasn't all that impressed with the machine. Anyway the DME had just received a refurbished Dream Station 2 and made the exchange in her office. I did have to call back to make sure that they had uploaded everything from the iBreeze SD card to Resvent. 

I know others are not impressed with the Dream Statiin 2 but being a new user, and coming from the iBreeze, the DS 2 is wonderful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new here and wanted to post some information I have found about the iBreeze 20A. I am on my second iBreeze since February 2022. I had a lot of issues with my first model, but mainly it was my DME. They would not send me any supplies and could not answer any questions I had about the machine or data. Because of the DME's lack of knowledge on the new machines I research on my own.

The biggest thing I have seen is most DMEs set the hose to 15mm (default). Mine was set that way and I had major pressure issues. It would get so loud it woke my wife. The pressure would be so much it felt like the mask was going to blow off my face. I did some digging and according to Resvent the standard hose size that comes with the iBreeze is 19mm. I changed the setting on the machine and that solved the majority of my pressure issues. Resvent should make 19 the standard setting on the machine.

The next issue I had was trying to access my data. I could not under any circumstance register my machine with the ResAssist software. As soon as I entered the serial number it gave me an error it was already registered to another patient. My DME of course was of no use in helping me. I was able to get iMatrix working.

The third issue with the iBreeze was my APAP was set at 5-12, the machine constantly dropped to 3.5 every time I exhaled. When I would inhale I felt like I was suffocating. I adjust the settings to 6.5-12 when I exhaled it would drop to 5, I no longer felt like I was suffocating. 

My last issue (needed the settings adjusted) was I still snored and could not get a good nights sleep. My doctor ordered another sleep study. I decided it was time to change my DME and start completely fresh with my new script and a new machine. My first DME never sent anything to my insurance so there was no issues making the switch. My new DME wanted to give me a Dreamstation 2, but used the last 2 they had for replacement units the day before my appointment. So I got another iBreeze 20A. I slept 6 hours through the night for the first time in almost a year. My new machine came with a packing list that states: Breathing tube/classic19/ 1.83m/Plastiflex P/N 50101-010001-00

Sorry I made this a little long I just wanted others to know how I solved the issues I had with this. I think the machine is so new most of the DMEs know nothing about it. I hope it gets popular enough for other apps to read data. I would really like to see a complete breakdown.
Post Reply Post Reply
justcause
Supplier #40 (getwellue website) offers a free software download for the iBreeze.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 4 63 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 17 494 04-06-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 216 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,449 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 166 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 667 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 460 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.