Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan 5.2 vs. 5.1
Rescan 5.2 vs. 5.1
What are the differences in Rescan 5.2 vs. 5.1?

Should I upgrade?
Any gotchas to watch for?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan 5.2 vs. 5.1
I haven't a clue, but no sooner has 5.2 come out they now have released 5.3. If you want this one, you will need to use the same address that was sent to you but change the ".2" to a ".3" in the address. I have it downloaded and installed but haven't used it yet.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 12:17 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I haven't a clue, but no sooner has 5.2 come out they now have released 5.3. If you want this one, you will need to use the same address that was sent to you but change the ".2" to a ".3" in the address. I have it downloaded and installed but haven't used it yet.

Must have been bugs in 5.2.
Think I will wait a bit to consider 5.3
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend you wait. If your current version gives you the info you want, there is probably no advantage to downloading the newer version. i have tried to download both 5.2 and 5.3 following the directions and it says I am missing 'the device communications library' and will not allow me to download any of the data. this was the first version of ResScan I have tried to download.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 03:48 PM)Mischief Wrote: I recommend you wait. If your current version gives you the info you want, there is probably no advantage to downloading the newer version. i have tried to download both 5.2 and 5.3 following the directions and it says I am missing 'the device communications library' and will not allow me to download any of the data. this was the first version of ResScan I have tried to download.

I agree if it's not broken why mess with it I do have 5.1 , but I will say when I look at my data I seem to use Sleepyhead anyway.
But have both just in case I need it.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 12:07 PM)jcarerra Wrote: What are the differences in Rescan 5.2 vs. 5.1?

Should I upgrade?
Any gotchas to watch for?

I would imagine that 5.2 adds support for the AirCurve machines. The only reason to upgrade ResScan is if you need a bugfix, or if you have a new machine that isn't supported by the old version.

I upgraded from 3.16 to 5.1 when I reformatted last year. I haven't noticed any difference except for the appearance of the ResScan window.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried 5,3 but SleepyHead is still better.
Post Reply Post Reply
If there wwere some way to move old Rescan imported data for past months into Sleepyhead, I'd change in a minute.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan version 5.3 is the one now being distributed via the method described in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 565 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Rescan installation. saltydawg2 2 745 06-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Last Post: saltydawg2
  Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth Humayun 10 1,406 10-18-2020, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Humayun
  download for Rescan for Mac Haley 2 1,430 02-27-2019, 02:27 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Timeline on Sleepyhead & Rescan Reports rozenbob 2 1,289 04-30-2016, 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Question Rescan flow rate graph interpretation Charlie Sue 5 2,245 03-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  How to get Rescan software sleepdeprived2015 3 4,166 05-25-2015, 11:57 PM
Last Post: sleepdeprived2015

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.