Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar or SleepyHead?
Oscar or SleepyHead?
What is better for my Airsense 10 machine? I did use both in the past and even though sleepyhead freezes/crashes often i still feel that this is the better option. 

I downloaded sleepyhead again this morning but still have oscar on my laptop. Both is not needed so i would like to hear what's the better option.

Is there a difference and why one is better or is it just a matter of personal preference?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar or SleepyHead?
There have been many improvements and updates since OSCAR was developed.

SleepyHead is still fine, but there won't be any more updates to that software. It is no longer supported.

You should have no problem with downloading OSCAR and we're always here to help you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The development of OSCAR started early in 2019, after a period of inactivity by the SleepyHead developer. OSCAR used SleepyHead v1.1 as its base which was licensed under the GPL. The GPL allows anybody to modify the code to meet changing circumstances.
In the two and a half years since then, the OSCAR team has made over 500 commits to the OSCAR code base. Most of these have been improvements to the ResMed and Respironics loaders, but the new SleepStyle machine has recently been added, as well as the AirSense 11, both in beta testing now,
So, I may be biased, but I think OSCAR is a big improvement over SleepyHead.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
So Oscar it is!

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember that SleepyHead crashed quite easily. For example when I made one day data empty. Oscar has lot of bug fixes. And after version 1.2.0 it can handle situation when you bring new data in same day. No need to make previous data empty. I vote Oscar!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Migrating sleepyhead>oscar AND changing machines ? DaveCar 4 1,011 08-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: nanbar
  Support for Fisher & Paykel ICON+ Auto on SleepyHead or Oscar JaX F 2 889 04-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: A KLERK
  Import from SleepyHead to OSCAR has unknown data, requests copy for devs bpb21 8 1,335 12-29-2020, 08:44 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
Angry Manual Sleepyhead to OSCAR data/profile migration? startreking 11 2,375 04-30-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  New OSCAR install -- Sessions Copied, Missing Sleepyhead Bookmarks & Notes Clayto 1 797 06-29-2019, 05:32 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Sleepyhead vs oscar 405. 10 4,186 06-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyHead Data to Oscar HoseHead58 8 2,473 06-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: HoseHead58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.