Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan Data export for provider
Rescan Data export for provider
Good evening. My ahem, provider requires me to send my data card to them once a year to justify them sending replacement supplies. I started using Sleepyhead in 2013, then ran into a "copy" of rescan 5.9, someplace Rolleyes . (I'm getting there) Once again they mailed me a "NEW" SD Card saying my old card failed to read in their goveernment facility, and would I give them another overnight data and mail it back. (Having learned this lesson last year, I have Rescan 5.9 read my S9 data at least 1-2 weeks in advance.) Ahh, now my question...
When I Go to "File" Export, another screen pops up giving me a selection of data to export, (either example data or default data (mine), down at the bottom of the popup screen, it says "Select data date range" BUT there is no place to set the date range.
If I double click my data, it exports a 3 month date range only. 
How do I change this date range to 1 year, when there is no visible date range selector in this popup screen.  I must have done it 1 time, because the CSV it creates goes from July 3 2021 to September 22, 2021. Thinking-about
for clarification, see attachment

Harry
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan Data export for provider
Hi Harry, 

still waiting for your attachment, in the meantime:

you could look at this thread:

ResScan data

but what I see in ResScan 6.0.2.13 is the pop up window you referred to:

File > Export > go to select data range, From: click in the date, use the up down arrows, go to month, use the up down arrows, go to year etc.

then try Export Selected.

Is that what you can see on your version?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, Thought I added it, but lets try again    
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoops. 2 too many.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2021, 12:57 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: but what I see in ResScan 6.0.2.13 is the pop up window you referred to:

File > Export > go to select data range, From: click in the date, use the up down arrows, go to month, use the up down arrows, go to year etc.

then try Export Selected.

Is that what you can see on your version?

There is a File >Export but there is no select data range nor date range nor updown arrows nor ...see the picture.

If I install Rescan 6 will it import my data from Rescan 5.9?

Harry
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't upgrade unless you love stress. To select the date range, select the beginning date on the left side and then, while holding the shift key, select the ending date. It is the same steps as you use in File Explorer when selecting files. In the report types, the last option is "Usage Report". That will generate the compliance data for any date range.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, yeah, I know about the reports. I was refering to the File> Export (to cvs file)
The problem is that the VA required me to submit a CVS file, not just the report PDF.
Thats what the attachment was for. There is no option for a "Date Range" selection thats avaiable.

This is the information found in the Clincian Manual on Page 12... This is what I am trying to do, but the information given doesn't seem to line up with what is happening in the software when I try to do the export.

<Exporting Data Files
You can export ResScan summary data from patient file to comma separated value (CSV) files for use
with other programs.
1. From the File menu, choose Export. The Export Patient file to CSV dialog is displayed.
Note: Before opening the dialog box, ResScan displays an indexing message. This message is
generally brief, however you can cancel indexing by pressing the Cancel button.
2. Select the patient group from the Patient Group drop down list.
3. Select the date range from which to generate the CSV files.
4. Select one or more patient files from the list of patients.
5. Click the Export Selected button.
A CSV file is generated for each of the selected patients. The name of the file is that of the patient.
Alternatively, you can export all patient files in a patient group to a single CSV file by clicking the Export All
button. The name of the generated CSV file is that of the patient group.
After exporting your files, Windows Explorer automatically launches to the folder to which the files have
been saved: <Username>\Documents\ResMed\ResScan\Exports (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows
10).
Note: You cannot select the units for exported data. Eg, pressures are always exported as cm H 2 O, even if you have
selected hPa in the Options dialog box. >

The picture I submitted above shows the difference between the manual and what the software tells me to do... I have open the pop up box to full window and none of the options mentioned show up anywhere, and when the popup is open you can only select the patient that is displayed and you can go no place else. If you double click the patient name, it automatically creates a cvs file with previously selected date range, which is in 2017.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2021, 07:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Don't upgrade unless you love stress.   To select the date range, select the beginning date on the left side and then, while holding the shift key, select the ending date.   It is the same steps as you use in File Explorer when selecting files.  In the report types, the last option is "Usage Report".  That will generate the compliance data for any date range.

OH, and its not working just like Windows. If you select the 1st, then shift/30th the highlighted area flicks on the first then changes to the 30th, but only 1 at a time. Strangely I have to select 1 date, then while holding down the mouse button pull the mouse  down until the desired date range is selected. Not working right I guess.
I tried a repair install of Rescan 5.9 that didn't change anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Harry

this is what I see in my ResScan File>Export pop up window.

[attachment=36163]

For some reason yours is not showing the dates to be selected.

I run Windows 10 64 bit with ResScan 6.0.2.13

I don't get the indexing message before this window pops up.
Could that mean it is looking for your data and can't find it?

Note that my data is under the "Patients" under Patient Group.

Yours seems to be under the "Default" group.

Not sure why that is: I am sure you have selected the correct directory path for the data. 

If you go to Tools > Patient Manager is your data under Patients?

Maybe create a new profile import your data again and see if that works?

You should be able to control where your data gets stored from that window.

(For some reason yours is not showing the dates to be selected.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2021, 09:25 PM)SevereApnea Wrote: Hi Harry

this is what I see in my ResScan File>Export pop up window.

<For some reason yours is not showing the dates to be selected.> Yup, thats seem to be the problem.

<I run Windows 10 64 bit with ResScan 6.0.2.13 > Windows 7 x64 and Rescan 5.9

<I don't get the indexing message before this window pops up.
Could that mean it is looking for your data and can't find it?>  No, it finds my Data, and copies it to a CVS file, but from 2017 for 3 months only.

Note that my data is under the "Patients" under Patient Group.

<Yours seems to be under the "Default" group.> Yes, that was the origional location I set it up in.

Not sure why that is: I am sure you have selected the correct directory path for the data. 

<If you go to Tools > Patient Manager is your data under Patients?> No, I tried to minimize setup and used the default directory. However I moved my data to a group called Self, but that also made no difference.

Maybe create a new profile import your data again and see if that works?

You should be able to control where your data gets stored from that window.

(For some reason yours is not showing the dates to be selected.) .

Is it possible to uninstall 3.9 and then re-install and not lose my data file?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 136 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 188 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 286 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR export all data each day/each moment Jan Flikweert 1 441 12-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.