Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed FX Nasal Pillows
Humidifier: Resmed HI5
CPAP Pressure: 0-20
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Rescan Graph Questions
I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to the wealth of information on this forum. I've made use of a fair bit, and will endeavour to make my own contributions when I know something. LOL. Thanks

Okay. I think I have got my mask and machine setup as good as I'm going to get..pic 1

I get lots of sections that look like this..pic 2

I was concerned with the leak, because I feel like my mask is a perfect fit now, and I certainly didn't wake up to fix it. Slept really well. I did notice a correlation between the leaking and snore index though. Open mouth leak? Would that make sense?..pic 3

Thanks in advance. SHa_biggrin5
12-06-2014 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: Rescan Graph Questions
Have you tried chinstrap? would helps with mouth leaks
12-06-2014 07:56 PM
ozzydudemike Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed FX Nasal Pillows
Humidifier: Resmed HI5
CPAP Pressure: 0-20

Other Comments:

(12-06-2014 07:56 PM)zonk Wrote:  Have you tried chinstrap? would helps with mouth leaks

Haven't had snoring or leaks in any quantity worth worrying about before, and I'd been out in a hay fever central area all day, so I was quite stuffy when I went to bed. If I need to do the chinstrap thing I certainly will, but the night before on the same settings with the same mask fit, I had no snoring or leaking worth mentioning. So I am judging that these were open mouth leaks. Just after a bit of confirmation at this point to make sure I'm on the right track. Tonight before bed, I'll sniff some eucalyptus oil, and go the monster nose blow to see what happens. If I don't have leaks or snoring I'm thinking I am on the right track.
12-06-2014 08:40 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(12-06-2014 08:40 PM)ozzydudemike Wrote:  Haven't had snoring or leaks in any quantity worth worrying about before, and I'd been out in a hay fever central area all day, so I was quite stuffy when I went to bed. If I need to do the chinstrap thing I certainly will, but the night before on the same settings with the same mask fit, I had no snoring or leaking worth mentioning. So I am judging that these were open mouth leaks. Just after a bit of confirmation at this point to make sure I'm on the right track. Tonight before bed, I'll sniff some eucalyptus oil, and go the monster nose blow to see what happens. If I don't have leaks or snoring I'm thinking I am on the right track.

I use a Full Face Mask, not a nasal or pillows mask, so I am not familiar with how much leaking occurs when the mouth opens, but I would have expected it to be a lot more than the moderate leaking shown in your graphs.

Maybe the leaks are positional, when your pillow or bed pushes on the mask a little?

By the way, I suggest changing the scale on the Flow to something more like -80 to +80 so you can see more detail. No need to see the flow during very rare peaks, such as when coughing.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 10:11 PM by vsheline.)
12-06-2014 10:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Oximeter Normal Graph shermantank45 14 590 11-03-2016 06:00 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Leakage graph double line Aussie Paul 5 359 09-10-2016 02:26 AM
Last Post: Aussie Paul
Question Graph interpreters.... do your worst! shawn42 11 696 06-25-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: shawn42
  Help Interpreting Flow Rate Graph nadprok 15 1,205 06-20-2016 06:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Timeline on Sleepyhead & Rescan Reports rozenbob 2 351 04-30-2016 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  No flow data graph on SH yankees123 5 630 03-30-2016 08:20 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question Rescan flow rate graph interpretation Charlie Sue 5 808 03-22-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear