Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan Graph Questions
Rescan Graph Questions
I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to the wealth of information on this forum. I've made use of a fair bit, and will endeavour to make my own contributions when I know something. LOL. Thanks

Okay. I think I have got my mask and machine setup as good as I'm going to get..pic 1

[attachment=1120]

I get lots of sections that look like this..pic 2

[attachment=1122]

I was concerned with the leak, because I feel like my mask is a perfect fit now, and I certainly didn't wake up to fix it. Slept really well. I did notice a correlation between the leaking and snore index though. Open mouth leak? Would that make sense?..pic 3

[attachment=1121]

Thanks in advance. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan Graph Questions
Have you tried chinstrap? would helps with mouth leaks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 07:56 PM)zonk Wrote: Have you tried chinstrap? would helps with mouth leaks

Haven't had snoring or leaks in any quantity worth worrying about before, and I'd been out in a hay fever central area all day, so I was quite stuffy when I went to bed. If I need to do the chinstrap thing I certainly will, but the night before on the same settings with the same mask fit, I had no snoring or leaking worth mentioning. So I am judging that these were open mouth leaks. Just after a bit of confirmation at this point to make sure I'm on the right track. Tonight before bed, I'll sniff some eucalyptus oil, and go the monster nose blow to see what happens. If I don't have leaks or snoring I'm thinking I am on the right track.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 08:40 PM)ozzydudemike Wrote: Haven't had snoring or leaks in any quantity worth worrying about before, and I'd been out in a hay fever central area all day, so I was quite stuffy when I went to bed. If I need to do the chinstrap thing I certainly will, but the night before on the same settings with the same mask fit, I had no snoring or leaking worth mentioning. So I am judging that these were open mouth leaks. Just after a bit of confirmation at this point to make sure I'm on the right track. Tonight before bed, I'll sniff some eucalyptus oil, and go the monster nose blow to see what happens. If I don't have leaks or snoring I'm thinking I am on the right track.

I use a Full Face Mask, not a nasal or pillows mask, so I am not familiar with how much leaking occurs when the mouth opens, but I would have expected it to be a lot more than the moderate leaking shown in your graphs.

Maybe the leaks are positional, when your pillow or bed pushes on the mask a little?

By the way, I suggest changing the scale on the Flow to something more like -80 to +80 so you can see more detail. No need to see the flow during very rare peaks, such as when coughing.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 254 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.