Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different
Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different
I’ve been monitoring my AHI et al data for about three years using Resmed’s Rescan.  I just downloaded Sleepyhead.  My AHI data for the past week are similar but data for past months, years, etc are very different.  

SleepyHead is giving me median AHI’s < 2 and Rescan median AHIs are about 8.  

I did try rebuilding the CPAP data with no changes.  I searched the forum but didn’t find any answers.

Suggestions?

Resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different
I would suspect that you are not using the same dataset ranges. There can be some rounding differences, but not to that magnitude.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I loaded the SleepyHead software on a second computer and got the same very low AHI scores that I got on the first computer. I wish they were correct, but I have to believe my Rescan results are the “correct” ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don’t have the flow information on the sd card sleepyhead can mess up its calculations with only summary data.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
You said the data for past years is different. Sleepyhead would only have the data you loaded into it. Is it possible that the SD card has written over some of the old data because the card was full?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
To be more clear, all the days older than last Saturday have a much lower AHI score on SleepyHead. actually, as I think about it, that’s the day I switched from a FFM to nasal pillows. So this means the Sleepyhead software seems to be low on all my full face mask days. Weird.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help if you could post the summary report from both so we can see exactly what's happening. I've been using both programs for over 4 years and have never seen that sort of disparity, only ever rounding errors.
Post Reply Post Reply
on the days that differ: can you see the daily charts on those days? and are those charts "normal"? (or some charts show up that shouldn't be there, others look incomplete or "wrong" or are missing?)
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached are the past 90 day summaries from ResMed and SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found one thing that affects SleepyHeads Stats. Go to file-Preferences-Ignore short sessions and turn it off. That should make the hours and minutes match with ResScan. That could also affect the AHI difference.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 258 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 1,040 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  RESCAN V7.0 MAULE-N9008E 8 2,703 10-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: JT60
  Rescan V7 download issue newmember 1 1,087 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Rescan Data export for provider OldYamaha 13 1,389 10-08-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Rescan 5.9 Fran 7 1,131 05-21-2021, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Fran
  OSCAR vs Rescan drmaestro 2 1,901 05-19-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.