Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan and SD Card
Rescan and SD Card
My Sleep Doctor is seeing me virtually (over the Internet). I emailed the Dr a copy of my Resmed SD Card for his to read my sleep data. I provided it by Google Drive in 2 formats 1) just a copy of the SD and a Zipped version. The Dr says he is not able to import the data into his Rescan software. I am able to import the data into sleepyhead software (both types of copies) with no problem. Shouldn't the Dr be able to import the data as I described above.? Or is my Doctor technically challenged? He said they called Resmed Support and it can not be done.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan and SD Card
Welcome

I would suggest installing ResScan on your own computer, and then "printing" the report yourself as a PDF. Then, you can email the PDF to your sleep doctor. You can find out how to get your own copy of ResScan in the Private Files and Links section of Apnea Board.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 10:42 AM)cybermed Wrote: My Sleep Doctor is seeing me virtually (over the Internet). I emailed the Dr a copy of my Resmed SD Card for his to read my sleep data. I provided it by Google Drive in 2 formats 1) just a copy of the SD and a Zipped version. The Dr says he is not able to import the data into his Rescan software. I am able to import the data into sleepyhead software (both types of copies) with no problem. Shouldn't the Dr be able to import the data as I described above.? Or is my Doctor technically challenged? He said they called Resmed Support and it can not be done.

ResScan expects to see an actual SD card on a USB port as a drive with a drive letter assigned. Sleepyhead is superior in its method of importing data.

Not guaranteed to work, but the SD card data could be put into a windows folder; then one can mount that folder as a drive with a drive letter assigned. ResScan might accept it as a lettered drive.
(If that works, then, LOL, the doc is technically challenged.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan looks for a drive (SD card) to read the data from. In order for ResScan to read the data from a directory, you have to use some command line declarations to alias(map) the directory a drive letter. This will allow ResScan to see the data. Most people probably will never need to use this feature or know about it.. Here are the instructions:

Command line structure:
subst <driveletter>:\ <folder path>

Example (Map a directory to drive "M"):
subst M: c:\ResScanDataFile

To delete the link:
subst <driveletter>: /D

Example(Using the above example):
subst M: /D

Hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 10:42 AM)cybermed Wrote: My Sleep Doctor is seeing me virtually (over the Internet). I emailed the Dr a copy of my Resmed SD Card for his to read my sleep data. I provided it by Google Drive in 2 formats 1) just a copy of the SD and a Zipped version. The Dr says he is not able to import the data into his Rescan software. I am able to import the data into sleepyhead software (both types of copies) with no problem. Shouldn't the Dr be able to import the data as I described above.? Or is my Doctor technically challenged? He said they called Resmed Support and it can not be done.

having recently had some experience trying to import data from a variety of sources into resscan... here's some tips.

make sure you zip up the *ENTIRE* contents of the sd card, not just part, not just the directories or some of the data, resscan needs *every* file on the card.

on the other end, the data has to be dumped, *exactly* onto a usb drive, sd card, etc. resscan isn't built to look for data anywhere else (as someone mentioned earlier)
Post Reply Post Reply
A SD card is about $5 or $10 - how about getting one, capping yours onto it and mailing it to the doctor?
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been able to download data from the SD card to SleepyHead, but can only download the "Summary" and not the "Detailed Data" in Rescan. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2016, 08:01 PM)moemoenui Wrote: I have been able to download data from the SD card to SleepyHead, but can only download the "Summary" and not the "Detailed Data" in Rescan. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Hi moemoenui, welcome to the forum
For detailed data, you'll need to select "all available data"
When you start the software, on the download page is a box where you can select to download Summary Data, Detailed Data, or All Data. See the screenshot (below) of that selection box. There is also a box on that same page you can check to SAVE your selection for all downloads:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...398#pid398

[the above box from older ResScan version and looks different than new version but works just the same]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! That worked. I can download the detailed data in Rescan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2016, 05:16 PM)zonk Wrote: When you start the software, on the download page is a box where you can select to download Summary Data, Detailed Data, or All Data. See the screenshot (below) of that selection box. There is also a box on that same page you can check to SAVE your selection for all downloads:

[the above box from older ResScan version and looks different than new version but works just the same]

Zonk,

I don't mean to be thick or anything, but I just downloaded and installed resscan ver 5.5.0.9285 and haven't found where / how to download the data.

I issued

subst K: c:\Medical\Sleep_Data

to point at my data for a drive but for whatever reason I don't get anything... Since I'm a neophyte at all of this apnea reporting stuff I'd appreciate a hand.. if you don't mind?

I've been using a CPAP since 1998.... so finally seeing what the real data helps me..

Thanks in Advance

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 141 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 993 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  RESCAN V7.0 MAULE-N9008E 8 2,664 10-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: JT60
  Rescan V7 download issue newmember 1 1,064 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Rescan Data export for provider OldYamaha 13 1,336 10-08-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.