Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan and Sleepyhead: Transferring data to new computer
Rescan and Sleepyhead: Transferring data to new computer
The laptop I am using is going to be re-imaged. I would like to preserve the old Resmed data as the SD card has been reformatted since the previous data was uploaded.

Where is the profile and data stored and is it as simple as copying and pasting the data to the appropriate areas? I also tweaked my profile so I get more info to show.

Additionally, I know with Sleepyhead it saves the data in a particular directory so importing that is never an issue, but I am not sure about your profile. If I can help it, I don't want to change my SH settings all over again.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead: Transferring data to new computer
for ResScan on my W7 machine, the file folder is located at
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Mongo, Just

The profile data is also in that folder -- just copy it the second machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hmm888,

Quote:Additionally, I know with Sleepyhead it saves the data in a particular directory so importing that is never an issue, but I am not sure about your profile. If I can help it, I don't want to change my SH settings all over again.

Like Mongo, this answer assumes a Windows laptop.

Short answer: The profile data is stored in a file called Profile.xml within the named profile folder.

Unlike some MS apps, sleepyhead keeps it simple and the user profile data is kept in the same directory structure as the user data. Within that same named profile folder are the machine-specific folders which contain all the data for that user (if you have imported data from more than one machine, they will each have their own folder). Save the Profiles folder with all its content and you will have all your profiles and imported data.

For example here's where I find my sleepyhead data ...

(Sleepyhead version: C:\Program Files\SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-64bit\SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe)

Data folders:

C:\Users\Saldus\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles

C:\Users\Saldus\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\SaldusMiegas
.. Profile.xml is in this folder

C:\Users\Saldus\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\SaldusMiegas\ResMed_23160245799
.. all the data for this machine is within this folder and its subfolders

To move to a new/rebuilt machine, I would save the entire Profiles folder and restore it the same location after your machine is rebuilt. Then you should be good to pick up right where you left off.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonderful and thank you guys. This should be a sticky! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
One more place to copy... report templates.

"%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\ReportSchemes"

Note that Program Files (x86) is for 32 bit programs on a 64 bit machine, if you have a 32 bit OS, the " (x86)" does not belong.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 138 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 760 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 288 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.