Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan and Sleepyhead?
Rescan and Sleepyhead?
Can I install and use both Rescan and Sleepyhead software on the same computer? I currently use Rescan, but want to check out sleephead before sticking to one.

Which software do most members use? If you don't mind, can you state why?

Thanks!

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan and Sleepyhead?
I personally run both pieces of software; neither takes up much HD space.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both but only look at SleepyHead. That way if it looks off or is really bad, I got another source to view the same data.

I suggest you use both for a while then decide which one you like.

I really dislike ResScan's interface and the number of clicks it takes just to get started. But others love it. I never bothered to look into the various aspects of it (like I don't know how to zoom in). For me, the simplicity of SH is very appealing. I'm blonde and Southern. I like stuff simple.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use both. I really like Sleepy Head and look at it first, but download everything to ResScan also and, like Paula, use it to verify or exclude anything strange I see in Sleepy Head. Sleepy Head is easy to use, easy to navigate etc., but is really buggy. ResScan is solid and reliable, but kind of cumbersome.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both on my computer. Iam too lazy to use both, so I normally just look at SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2013, 12:04 PM)Bobshouse Wrote: Can I install and use both Rescan and Sleepyhead software on the same computer? I currently use Rescan, but want to check out sleephead before sticking to one.

Which software do most members use? If you don't mind, can you state why?

Thanks!

Bob

I have both and since I just started a little over 3 weeks ago on the S9 autoset, I look at both of them. There are positives with both of them. ResScan I can custom reports (haven't checked to see if I can do that with SH yet).
Post Reply Post Reply
As above - I am running both. I like the diary feature in sleepyhead and the zombie report - so I can track how I was feeling each day and map that to the sleep I had.
I also like it lets you track your weight -as I find daily weight tracking really keeps me focused on the diet and exercise

I am still deciding which I will use ongoing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2013, 04:07 AM)alby_c Wrote: As above - I am running both. I like the diary feature in sleepyhead and the zombie report - so I can track how I was feeling each day and map that to the sleep I had.
I also like it lets you track your weight -as I find daily weight tracking really keeps me focused on the diet and exercise

I am still deciding which I will use ongoing.

I can't see anything like the diary feature and the zombie report in my SH
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2013, 07:11 AM)me50 Wrote: I can't see anything like the diary feature and the zombie report in my SH

Just below the calendar there are four tabs: Details, Events, Notes, Bookmarks. Click on Notes - you'll get an area to keep whatever journal or records you want to. At the bottom of the page there is a sliding scale Zombie .. Awesome. Just slide the marker to how you're feeling. The notes and zombie setting are saved automatically.

[attachment=496] [attachment=497]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 562 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Rescan installation. saltydawg2 2 744 06-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Last Post: saltydawg2
  Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth Humayun 10 1,403 10-18-2020, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Humayun
  download for Rescan for Mac Haley 2 1,430 02-27-2019, 02:27 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Timeline on Sleepyhead & Rescan Reports rozenbob 2 1,289 04-30-2016, 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Question Rescan flow rate graph interpretation Charlie Sue 5 2,241 03-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  How to get Rescan software sleepdeprived2015 3 4,165 05-25-2015, 11:57 PM
Last Post: sleepdeprived2015

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.