Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan flow rate graph interpretation
Question 
Hi, all! I am preparing for my doc visit tomorrow and am looking at my data in Rescan, which I usually ignore in favor of sleepyhead. Can anyone tell me what I am seeing here? No events around this time at all.

Thanks.

Charlie Sue    
Post Reply Post Reply
That's not flow. It's flow limitation. Flow limitation is a scoring on a 0 to 1 scale of the shape of the inhalation waveform.
Note the little waveform pictures on the left axis. When the inhalation waveform "flat-tops" it indicates flow limitation.
The Autoset should raise pressure on flow limitation.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm.. kind of looks like it could be your pressure graph, esp: since your pressure is fairly low and close..(7-10). It would probably jump up and down that much since your pressure is that low and the setting is only 3 apart. . That's fairly low for apnea settings, but as a newbee to CPAP ya gotta start somewhere. Good Luck tomorrow..
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".
Post Reply Post Reply

I think Mongo's on the right track. That's the flow limitation chart. From Resmed's site: The S9 AutoSet responds to flow limitation to pre-emptively treat apnea events and prevent more serious, subsequent events from occurring.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Charlie Sue,
Good luck to you at your Dr. appointment, tomorrow.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2016, 07:55 PM)justMongo Wrote: That's not flow. It's flow limitation. Flow limitation is a scoring on a 0 to 1 scale of the shape of the inhalation waveform.
Note the little waveform pictures on the left axis. When the inhalation waveform "flat-tops" it indicates flow limitation.
The Autoset should raise pressure on flow limitation.

justMongo is right !
Go to this link to learn more
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...imitations
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very High Leak Rate Grmato10 72 2,567 04-26-2017, 06:07 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Help with understanding "Leak Rate" Cranberry Ray 0 163 04-18-2017, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  get leak rate with aircurve 10 vauto runnung paab 2 189 04-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Maniac007
  Exhausted / have leak rate of 28.1 aconcepts 40 1,221 04-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Marillion
  Mask fit & sleepyhead graph Cuppa 6 203 04-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  High leak rate but low AHI Oquatanginwann 3 199 03-30-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Why are many OAs not in sync, roughly, with explanatory snores or flow limitations? 2SleepBetta 5 241 03-25-2017, 01:41 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta