Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Dreamwear
Humidifier: resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Rescan vs. Sleepyhead
anyone had much luck going back and forth between Rescan and sleepyhead? I've pretty much been using Rescan, but when I try to open Sleepyhead with my SD card, it shows mostly "no data". It shows some for a few days last month but not much else.

I have properly shown it the path to the sd card, I even let it look in the Rescan directory but I doesn't not seem to pick up data.
12-06-2013 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: Rescan vs. Sleepyhead
I have not used SH. From time to time might download but most days quick look at the screen sleep report should suffice
12-06-2013 06:49 PM
drgrimes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Resmed Autoset

Other Comments:

Yeah, I agree. I think when new at this it's easy to get infatuated with all the data. I was just screwing around. Gotta stop that. By the way Zonk....Yellow Tail, Big Red....mmmmmm. Keep up the good work.
12-06-2013 07:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

the detailed data is only on the SD card for a week I think so if you don't download into SH or ResScan often, then the data won't be much. I don't know if that is what is going on or not but just in case you didn't know that, thought I would share.
12-06-2013 07:34 PM
drgrimes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Resmed Autoset

Other Comments:

I have all my historical data backed up so I can be a little more brave. I just put a new fresh empty SD Card in my Autoset. Tomorrow I will see what Rescan and Sleepyhead think about the new card.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 07:43 PM by drgrimes.)
12-06-2013 07:43 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

I prefer SH for its simplicity. It is for the patient (me) and the data it presents is what I need to see. I can easily move that data around, putting what I prefer to see on the top and completely remove what I care less about (hours used). I didn't even need to view the user manual until after I had used it for several weeks. It is just so intuitive for me. The graphics are large and simple yet not in crayon. I can open the program and download the data and view the data in a grand total of, lessee, three clicks. ResScan takes for freakin' ever, several popup windows don't fit, the software is not for the patient, and the data is so freakin' small, I can't tell what I am looking at. I've tried to figure out how to make it larger and gave up. Wasn't worth it anyway.

Up until a few weeks ago, I was using both programs. Using SH to view it all then using ResScan as basically a backup system. But I gave up on it and now just use SH.

If you are just now uploading it into SH, it will only see the previous 30 days. You will only have the flow rate for the most recent 7 nights. To have it find the data, point it at the card itself, not the folder within the card. If you have made backup copies of your card, you can point it at them, too.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-06-2013 08:12 PM
Lukie Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F 10
Humidifier: H I heated tubing resmed
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Masks: Simplus, Air, Quattro fx, Nano, Eson, Swift fx and Activ

Sex: Female

(12-06-2013 08:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I prefer SH for its simplicity. It is for the patient (me) and the data it presents is what I need to see. I can easily move that data around, putting what I prefer to see on the top and completely remove what I care less about (hours used). I didn't even need to view the user manual until after I had used it for several weeks. It is just so intuitive for me. The graphics are large and simple yet not in crayon. I can open the program and download the data and view the data in a grand total of, lessee, three clicks. ResScan takes for freakin' ever, s
everal popup windows don't fit, the software is not for the patient, and the data is so freakin' small, I can't tell what I am looking at. I've tried to figure out how to make it larger and gave up. Wasn't worth it anyway.

Up until a few weeks ago, I was using both programs. Using SH to view it all then using ResScan as basically a backup system. But I gave up on it and now just use SH.

If you are just now uploading it into SH, it will only see the previous 30 days. You will only have the flow rate for the most recent 7 nights. To have it find the data, point it at the card itself, not the folder within the card. If you have made backup copies of your card, you can point it at them, too.

My DME uses an abbreviated version and sends it to the sleep lab. It is called ResMed Easy Care. So both the docs and RT have limited information.
My RT thought ResScan was only for the S8 series. She couldn't even download a report to show me. She said she and the doctors preferred Respironics because the data was better. duh!?!?
12-06-2013 08:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Yesterday went to the store to get some filters and the owner of the store said: did you bring the card with you ... we only charge $20 for the download .. I said, good to know Smile
12-06-2013 10:12 PM
sir_sleeps_alot Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Mirage FX
Humidifier: Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 14 cm h2o

Other Comments:

I go back and forth between the two. I like SH better... I find it easier to understand and more intuitive.

Do you use the Import Data command located in the file menu to grab the data off your card?

I haven't had a problem with SH reading my data but I have with Rescan. Even though I tell it to import data, it doesn't seem to retain the data once the card is removed and the software is closed.

(12-06-2013 06:37 PM)drgrimes Wrote:  anyone had much luck going back and forth between Rescan and sleepyhead? I've pretty much been using Rescan, but when I try to open Sleepyhead with my SD card, it shows mostly "no data". It shows some for a few days last month but not much else.

I have properly shown it the path to the sd card, I even let it look in the Rescan directory but I doesn't not seem to pick up data.
12-06-2013 10:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

(12-06-2013 10:20 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote:  I haven't had a problem with SH reading my data but I have with Rescan. Even though I tell it to import data, it doesn't seem to retain the data once the card is removed and the software is closed

click on x next to the word ResMed and window popup asking if you want save or discard the data. click on save and the download will be saved, and than you can close ResScan (click on x top right hand corner)
12-06-2013 10:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FlashPap and Rescan 5.6.0 am I missing something? Steve4cr 4 279 10-19-2016 11:19 AM
Last Post: Steve4cr
  Downloading Reports on Rescan Sherman 2 307 09-12-2016 06:54 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  sleepyhead vs rescan bajacobs 6 479 07-08-2016 04:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Rescan and Sleepyhead: Transferring data to new computer Hmm888 4 419 05-28-2016 02:42 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Rescan and SD Card cybermed 25 1,968 05-24-2016 05:06 AM
Last Post: zonk
  A10 leaks comparison; machine, myAir, and Rescan rem52 11 1,198 05-22-2016 06:56 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Most important things to look at in Rescan and SleepyHead Rousseau21 12 1,497 02-08-2016 03:13 PM
Last Post: whmagill