Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan vs. Sleepyhead Data
Rescan vs. Sleepyhead Data
I have both SH and Rescan, but primarily use Rescan. Now that I have passed the newbie stage, sometimes I go for a few days or maybe even a week without downloading my SD card.

We have discussed how the machine only keeps a limited number of days of detailed data. I have experienced the "no detailed data" for a couple of days here and there, but I didn't get too excited.

Here's the odd thing, when I open the card in Sleepy head, those days missing detailed data, according to Rescan, are there in Sleepyhead. Not sure why, but it is comforting to know that if I need to see the detail of missing days, I can do it in SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan vs. Sleepyhead Data
(03-30-2014, 09:03 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I have both SH and Rescan, but primarily use Rescan. Now that I have passed the newbie stage, sometimes I go for a few days or maybe even a week without downloading my SD card.

Having used a CPAP for more years where no data was available, I now only look at my data once a quarter. Which in a way is a shame and a waste of money. I bought the S9 for it's functionality including the data.
Ohwell, guess old-guys really can't learn new tricks. oldman
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think as we become more experienced (not old) we don't feel the need to respond to every little thing. My AHI is always less than 1.0 so I am not so driven to watch it daily. Nice thing is, that if we ever had an unusual problem, the data is there to help us along.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had similar issues, you might want to try a new SD Card or format (DELETE everything), on your normal card. Note: if you need to send your data card into your DME then just use a new card and mail them your original one. Now that I have two cards, I plan to cycle through them (use one for a month) and format the card before starting it's month.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds backwards actually.

Rescan will work from the SUMMARY data if the card wasn't in the machine but in that case SleepyHead will SKIP a day if the detail data is missing.

There is apparently 8 days of data on the card (when I looked at the actual files); my presumption is this way they can guarantee 7 days in the literature and manual, and deal with the problem of clocks being off a bit etc.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 09:03 AM)drgrimes Wrote: Here's the odd thing, when I open the card in Sleepy head, those days missing detailed data, according to Rescan, are there in Sleepyhead. Not sure why, but it is comforting to know that if I need to see the detail of missing days, I can do it in SH.
You need to select "All available data"
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 09:03 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I have both SH and Rescan, but primarily use Rescan. Now that I have passed the newbie stage, sometimes I go for a few days or maybe even a week without downloading my SD card.

We have discussed how the machine only keeps a limited number of days of detailed data. I have experienced the "no detailed data" for a couple of days here and there, but I didn't get too excited.

Here's the odd thing, when I open the card in Sleepy head, those days missing detailed data, according to Rescan, are there in Sleepyhead. Not sure why, but it is comforting to know that if I need to see the detail of missing days, I can do it in SH.

I haven't passed the stage where I download data daily, but then I already knew I'm a dataholic. Am using both SH and Rescan as you are, and have found a few things:

1: Rescan is less tolerant of the unexpected: About a week ago, I slept till a few minutes past noon. The machine showed 0.1 hours on the screen. When I downloaded the data in SH, all the data was there - everything looked normal. 1 day later, the Rescan showed only that few minutes (noon to 12:07) as the data for the day. Have not found any means to get it to show the rest of that day.

2: SH has some bugs, particularly regarding the vertical axis scaling in the Daily reports. It seems mostly correct for the current day, when first opened, but if you select different days in the calendar area, where the scaling should change, the graphs change, but the Y-axis labeling either doesn't change, or is not re-generated.

If I had to choose one of these to discard, I would, hands down, keep SH even with the bugs. It is so much easier to review the details in the hi-res reports. I just like it better.

With respect to SD cards: I went to Amazon and purchased a pair of SanDisk SD cards, 2G size, for less than $10 each. At this point, I am alternating one of the SanDisk cards with the ResMed card. The thinking is: if something happens that one card is corrupted or damaged, the data loss is a lot less than if everything was on a single card. All digital memory media can fail or be damaged - perhaps a power failure during a write operation. I bought the extra cards in case something happens to the original - it's cheap insurance to be able to continue collecting data. I may go back and get a couple more - the smaller cards are already disappearing from the market, so I'll have to do it soon.

Post Reply Post Reply

I have found a few things:

1: Rescan is less tolerant of the unexpected: About a week ago, I slept till a few minutes past noon. The machine showed 0.1 hours on the screen. When I downloaded the data in SH, all the data was there - everything looked normal. 1 day later, the Rescan showed only that few minutes (noon to 12:07) as the data for the day. Have not found any means to get it to show the rest of that day.

[/quote]

A new day starts at noon on the machine so that is why you saw 7 minutes on another day. You can go back and delete the session in ResScan that does not show the whole sleep time (only shows 7 minutes) while the detailed data is still available. Then the next time you download your data into ResScan, the data will be there.

EDIT: To delete a session, open the patient. Find the day that you only have 7 minutes for. Then right click on that day. You will see some options and one will be delete session. Select that option and delete it.
Post Reply Post Reply
me50:

You can still get that data if it is LESS than a week (or maybe 8 days).

You go to the day, then choose Data (menu), Advanced, Purge, Selected Day.

This is necessary anytime you put the card in and load it to SleepyHead AND THEN want to load MORE data for the same day.

SleepyHead won't load a day unless you first purge other data for that same day. (This happens mostly if you sleep across noon, or if you take a nap, load data then sleep again.)

Just purge that day. It will do no harm if you still have the (full) data from that same day.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips, herbm and me50! I'll try them out when I get a chance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 563 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Rescan installation. saltydawg2 2 745 06-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Last Post: saltydawg2
  Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth Humayun 10 1,405 10-18-2020, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Humayun
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.