Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan vs. Sleepyhead
Rescan vs. Sleepyhead
anyone had much luck going back and forth between Rescan and sleepyhead? I've pretty much been using Rescan, but when I try to open Sleepyhead with my SD card, it shows mostly "no data". It shows some for a few days last month but not much else.

I have properly shown it the path to the sd card, I even let it look in the Rescan directory but I doesn't not seem to pick up data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan vs. Sleepyhead
I have not used SH. From time to time might download but most days quick look at the screen sleep report should suffice
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I agree. I think when new at this it's easy to get infatuated with all the data. I was just screwing around. Gotta stop that. By the way Zonk....Yellow Tail, Big Red....mmmmmm. Keep up the good work.
Post Reply Post Reply
the detailed data is only on the SD card for a week I think so if you don't download into SH or ResScan often, then the data won't be much. I don't know if that is what is going on or not but just in case you didn't know that, thought I would share.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have all my historical data backed up so I can be a little more brave. I just put a new fresh empty SD Card in my Autoset. Tomorrow I will see what Rescan and Sleepyhead think about the new card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I prefer SH for its simplicity. It is for the patient (me) and the data it presents is what I need to see. I can easily move that data around, putting what I prefer to see on the top and completely remove what I care less about (hours used). I didn't even need to view the user manual until after I had used it for several weeks. It is just so intuitive for me. The graphics are large and simple yet not in crayon. I can open the program and download the data and view the data in a grand total of, lessee, three clicks. ResScan takes for freakin' ever, several popup windows don't fit, the software is not for the patient, and the data is so freakin' small, I can't tell what I am looking at. I've tried to figure out how to make it larger and gave up. Wasn't worth it anyway.

Up until a few weeks ago, I was using both programs. Using SH to view it all then using ResScan as basically a backup system. But I gave up on it and now just use SH.

If you are just now uploading it into SH, it will only see the previous 30 days. You will only have the flow rate for the most recent 7 nights. To have it find the data, point it at the card itself, not the folder within the card. If you have made backup copies of your card, you can point it at them, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2013, 08:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I prefer SH for its simplicity. It is for the patient (me) and the data it presents is what I need to see. I can easily move that data around, putting what I prefer to see on the top and completely remove what I care less about (hours used). I didn't even need to view the user manual until after I had used it for several weeks. It is just so intuitive for me. The graphics are large and simple yet not in crayon. I can open the program and download the data and view the data in a grand total of, lessee, three clicks. ResScan takes for freakin' ever, s
everal popup windows don't fit, the software is not for the patient, and the data is so freakin' small, I can't tell what I am looking at. I've tried to figure out how to make it larger and gave up. Wasn't worth it anyway.

Up until a few weeks ago, I was using both programs. Using SH to view it all then using ResScan as basically a backup system. But I gave up on it and now just use SH.

If you are just now uploading it into SH, it will only see the previous 30 days. You will only have the flow rate for the most recent 7 nights. To have it find the data, point it at the card itself, not the folder within the card. If you have made backup copies of your card, you can point it at them, too.

My DME uses an abbreviated version and sends it to the sleep lab. It is called ResMed Easy Care. So both the docs and RT have limited information.
My RT thought ResScan was only for the S8 series. She couldn't even download a report to show me. She said she and the doctors preferred Respironics because the data was better. duh!?!?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday went to the store to get some filters and the owner of the store said: did you bring the card with you ... we only charge $20 for the download .. I said, good to know Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I go back and forth between the two. I like SH better... I find it easier to understand and more intuitive.

Do you use the Import Data command located in the file menu to grab the data off your card?

I haven't had a problem with SH reading my data but I have with Rescan. Even though I tell it to import data, it doesn't seem to retain the data once the card is removed and the software is closed.

(12-06-2013, 06:37 PM)drgrimes Wrote: anyone had much luck going back and forth between Rescan and sleepyhead? I've pretty much been using Rescan, but when I try to open Sleepyhead with my SD card, it shows mostly "no data". It shows some for a few days last month but not much else.

I have properly shown it the path to the sd card, I even let it look in the Rescan directory but I doesn't not seem to pick up data.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2013, 10:20 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote: I haven't had a problem with SH reading my data but I have with Rescan. Even though I tell it to import data, it doesn't seem to retain the data once the card is removed and the software is closed

click on x next to the word ResMed and window popup asking if you want save or discard the data. click on save and the download will be saved, and than you can close ResScan (click on x top right hand corner)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 261 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 1,052 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  RESCAN V7.0 MAULE-N9008E 8 2,717 10-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: JT60
  Rescan V7 download issue newmember 1 1,092 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Rescan Data export for provider OldYamaha 13 1,407 10-08-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Rescan 5.9 Fran 7 1,145 05-21-2021, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Fran
  OSCAR vs Rescan drmaestro 2 1,905 05-19-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.