Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Researching a new CPAP machine - looking for user's input.
Researching a new CPAP machine - looking for user's input.
Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a new CPAP machine.  I have a new Dream Station 2 (recall replacement) and I really dislike this unit.  Using it for about a month and I do not like it, compared to the DS1 it seems like a downgrade.  I have two units I am considering, the ResMed Airsense 11 and the Fisher & Paykle Sleep Style.  I had the F&P Icon Auto for almost 5 years and was pleased with that system and my sleep was much better than with the DS units.  I cannot take my Sleep Doctor's advice, he told me the DS2 was just like the original DS and that is far from the truth.  I notice many of the members here have good things to say about the Airsense, so I am looking for the form's thoughts and advice on the two units.

Thanks for all your help,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Researching a new CPAP machine - looking for user's input.
I like the ResMed AutoSets, feel free to choose which one.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed units seem better built than Respironics, in my opinion.

I have no experience with the F&P units.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I have read on this site, the 11s are not significantly different from the 10s. Have you ever noticed (with regard to other products) that "new and improved" is sometime not?
Post Reply Post Reply
I replaced my Dream Station with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset For Her and could not be happier with it. The algorithm is simply better for me and it feels much more natural to use. If I were you I'd choose a Resmed 10. I understand that it has a stronger motor, and you might be able to get it a little cheaper.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed aircurve 10am d it is super quiet and I have 0 complaints. No experience with any other machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see that Supplier #2 (see list link in black banner at the top of the page) has new-in-box Airsense 10 AutoSet machines for $849. That's a really good price.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ed:
My ancient (~2007) machine finally gave up the ghost. I knew it was coming and hesitated on procuring a new machine.

Am looking around now. As far as a new unit, I've called a few DMEs and between "supply chain issues" and the mega-recall, there's a 9 month backorder list.

In the meantime, I've been looking at Craigslist and FB Marketplace.

Where are you looking that also has inventory?

Best-
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new Resmed A10 C2C Autoset from Supplier #30 for $909. It was in stock. The A11 is back ordered 6 months, price was $1350
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave, thanks for your response.  I have been looking and most places have no inventory.  If I come across a supplier with inventory, I will let you know.  I am also waiting to hear from my sleep doctor about his sources.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 506 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 312 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 634 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,749 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.