Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resend Airmini Mounting system
Resend Airmini Mounting system
Would love some feedback from AirMini users on this accessory.   Have an AirMini coming in on Friday for its initial use this weekend.

Must have, nice to have, or unnecessary?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resend Airmini Mounting system
I actually had to Google "airmini mounting system" as I had never heard of it. Rolleyes

I don't use an AirMini, but if I did, I would say "nice to have", but not necessary.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not necessary. I looked at the bracket when I bought the Mini and thought it would have limited uses.

The Mini has a oblate cylindrical case with no flat bottom, so it has no rubber feet or cushions for friction or stiction. The case will slide off of smooth surface easily. It's easy to pull it off of a night stand or bedside table. That is not a big deal to me, I use it in a tent or a camper and I find a spot next to me to put it down. I've also put it on a bedside table and put a book on the hose to stabilize it.

My guess is that if you use it on an airplane or while sleeping in a similar seat (I haven't), you would want the bracket to keep the mini out of your lap, and from falling on the floor. Ditto where there is no bedside table. 

The Mini is a very nice little machine. The function is as good as the regular machines, and it has the "For Her" setting. It is noisier/louder than the larger machines, though.

I hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
My use for it would in hotels primarily which is why I was considering it. I was think I would mount it to a nightstand drawer or under the mattress to keep it from falling to the floor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it would work for that.

The bracket or holder does add some size to an otherwise very small package. (I'd prob bring a velcro tie strap, to secure it with... which is something I'll now have to put in the case...)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,260 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,075 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 149 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 914 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.