Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reset Dreamstation Pro's Auto function without losing data?
Reset Dreamstation Pro's Auto function without losing data?
So here is the scoop: I have a Dreamstation Pro, a fixed pressure CPAP that includes the option of using it in Auto mode for 30 days. When the 30 days are up, I understand that it resets if the Reset Data function is used. This function will clear all data from the machine and SD card.

My question is: What would happen if I remove the SD card, then clear data from the machine so that the 30 day Auto function is reset and then I reinsert the SD card? Would the data continue to display uninterrupted on the card?

My intention is clearly to be using the machine in Auto mode permanently without losing my (stored) data. If all it takes is a reset every 30 days, that would make things easy.

I'd like to think this through here with some of you more computer savvy people before I try this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reset Dreamstation Pro's Auto function without losing data?
As a now retired programmer, I'd be willing to bet that the programmers at Respironics have thought about the possibility (probability!) that somebody would want to try your scheme, and figured out some way to make it either fail, or be awkward. I'd make a full copy of my SD card before I put it back in the machine after doing that reset. It would be pretty easy for the first thing after reset would be to (re-)format the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
If ever you find a way to make your DreamStation Pro works like an auto, please let me know! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess there's only one way to find out then, lol. I was hoping I wouldn't have to be the first one to try...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2017, 08:23 PM)Ericl Wrote: If ever you find a way to make your DreamStation Pro works like an auto, please let me know! Smile

Yes! I'm new to CPAP, but am already wishing my Pro could go Auto.

Do tell the secret!

(01-18-2017, 09:26 PM)Russatrice Wrote: I guess there's only one way to find out then, lol. I was hoping I wouldn't have to be the first one to try...

Back up your card, and it'll all be ok, right?

Is there a reason you are worried about this? The only reason I can think of is if you don't want DME or your dr to know... but I'd think they'd know based on your data showing ranges whether than fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 195 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 805 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Any one know how reset the Resmed Airsense 10? hs8738 8 27,730 11-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 725 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.