Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reset use time to a later time
RE: Reset use time to a later time
(11-02-2022, 04:36 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If part of the cleaning process involves unplugging the S9, it is old enough to have the onboard battery to start to fail.  This can affect the date and time the device is using.   Also, what reporting time period do you have it set to?  

- Red

The time is factory default. I unplug it as a precaution when plugging in the SD card. I guess you could say I am an old school electronics technician. Plus, I wanted to clean the top of the table and the bottom of the unit. 

Is there such a thing as an owners manual for this unit? I got no paper work with the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to this link and read down for instructions to request the Clinician manual.

CPAP Setup Manuals: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

The S9 has a Time and Date setting in the configuration menus. A Resmed's day is from noon to noon, based on local time. If you have never set the time or date, then you could be seeing data that is actually occurred on different CPAP days.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2022, 04:32 PM)Garyp Wrote: I was excited when I first go the stupid thing because I have friends who are on CPAPs and they told me I would feel great in the morning. I call it the Nirvana moment. 6 or 7 years later, I am still waiting for that to happen. 

It takes a different amount f time for different people, but 6-7 years is too long. There has to be something going on.

Quote:I will keep trying to figure out what is going on.

Good.

Quote:Even if I got the Resmed software, not interested in any aftermarket software, I would not know what I was looking at. 

The ResMed software is called ResScan and it's a piece of crap, anyway. You need OSCAR. You can learn what you're looking at by posting your OSCAR charts here on this forum and discussing them with others.

You say you will keep trying. The alternative is a crappy sleep-deprived life that ends early due to a heart attack or stroke.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very learey of third party software. I have had third party software cause problems on my computers. I'll take the Resmed software if I can find it.

Went to my sleep doctor yesterday and as he does, he blames my being tired on not getting enough sleep and completely relies on the print out because he says I am doing great because that is what the data shows him  and will not listen to me. He cannot understand that if I wake up during the night to go to the bathroom, more times than not, I do not go back to sleep. I am going to find another sleep doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2022, 12:21 PM)Garyp Wrote: I am very learey of third party software. I have had third party software cause problems on my computers. I'll take the Resmed software if I can find it.

You'll have to get over that if you want successful therapy.

Quote:Went to my sleep doctor yesterday and as he does, he blames my being tired on not getting enough sleep and completely relies on the print out because he says I am doing great because that is what the data shows him  and will not listen to me. He cannot understand that if I wake up during the night to go to the bathroom, more times than not, I do not go back to sleep. I am going to find another sleep doctor.

Getting another doctor is a good idea. There aren't many doctors who will explore your therapy to the depths that the folks on this board can do with OSCAR. You need both. The software is safe. If you don't trust it back up your machine before installation.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Not only is the OSCAR software safe, if Windows updates (for security, they say) cause problems, we have people here who will help you work through them.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2022, 04:32 PM)Garyp Wrote: Thanks Dave.
I have been on this machine for about 6 or 7 years. I go to sleep tired I use the machine and wake up tired. I just got back for my sleep doctor and his advice is to "get more sleep because you don't sleep long enough". How am I supposed to get more sleep when I wake up to go pee and can't go back to sleep?

I was excited when I first go the stupid thing because I have friends who are on CPAPs and they told me I would feel great in the morning. I call it the Nirvana moment. 6 or 7 years later, I am still waiting for that to happen. 

I will keep trying to figure out what is going on.

Even if I got the Resmed software, not interested in any aftermarket software, I would not know what I was looking at. 

Thanks again. Maybe it will get better, it is just a few more aggravating nights away for the recycle bin.

Garyp

I understand how you feel.
After I had used cpap for maybe 20+ years I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times I felt better after cpap sleep.

I used to be in a Newsgroup.  The people there were excellent--well some were. After a while ago they seemed to leave. No explanattion.

Later I found another cpap forum group.  AFter comments that I should know more because I had used cpap so long, I left there.

Finally I came here. I felt like noone understood. I'm Canadian and it's a different environment for medical care. And I had the sleep doc from h**l.

For him if the machine was on for 4 hours a night, and my AHI was less than 5 I was compliant. And if I wasn't compliant he would "pull my driver's license"

Observation: This OSA thing is a life sentence.  My thought: I'll do whatever it takes to feel better.

So now it's over 30 years and I'm feeling a little better. I'm old. Glad to  be alive.  I don't have a sleep doc.  I have a machine that's about a year and a half old. What's missing?

The good news is that I'm advocating for myself.  I'm managing my cpap therapy.  I *think* that I feel better.  

When did I start to feel better?  When I accepted that if I really wanted to feel better I needed to make changes.

* New machine (it's a ResMed S10 *for her* that was recommended to me.
* Heated hose (cuz I don't want cold air blowing into my lungs all the time
* Blanket on the heated hose (less noise when I move; doesn't snag on my mattress. New puppy can't bite the hose)
* Mask!  Biggest factor for me (after all one size doesn't fit all.  They sold me that one, and it didn't fit)
* OSCAR--my hat is off to those that help with this program.  I have an old iMac.  If I can get it on my computer and use it, it's really really good.  Downside?  I swear my computer hates me.  Even so, OSCAR works.
* People here are incredible.  They volunteer. Look at the number of people on this site.  I don't know how they've had the patience to help me so much.  

I'm stubborn.  If i have to use all this crap it had better work!

Hope this helps.  
DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. inspiring story.

My sleep doc sounds like yours. If the numbers on the print out fit with his version of success, he is happy. He always ask me how I feel and I tell him I go to bed tired and I wake up tired. His pat answer is this "The reason you are tired when you wake up is you need to get more sleep." OK tell me how to do that. If I wake up at 2:00am to go to the bathroom and lay back down, more times than not I can't get back to sleep. 

If I miss a night, and I do, he makes sure he points that out to me and tells me that I need to be on the machine every night. I finally got him to quit preaching at me about this so called compliance issue because I tried very hard to not miss any nights. I missed 4 or 5 and he pointed that out to me. The visit before this one, he told me if I was not compliant anymore, he would be forced to write a letter to the insurance company and tell them I am not compliant. I guess that was supposed to scare me or something.  I could care less if the insurance company says I need to have 4 hours a day for X numbers of days. It is my machine, it is their job to get my supplies at a reduced cost. And then I have to throw Medicare in on top of that. 

I am pretty fed up with the whole situation. I put the mask on at night knowing that it will probably not do any good in the morning and to keep my CPAP doc from fussing at me. 

In my mind the CPAP is nothing more than just a fancy blower. It blows air in my throat and I don not snore. Why all of the recording? 

I might try OSCAR. I would really prefer the RESMED software. 

Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
Downloaded OSCAR. installed it an it told me it could not run because it had no data and something about not having something called Sleepyhead. So as I suspected, it will not run on my computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was asking if you wanted to import the data from SleepyHead. Since you never used SleepyHead, the answer should be, No.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 207 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 617 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 806 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.