eseedhouse Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

Sex: Male

Resmed 10 Auto user flag 2?
I seem to be getting more of these "user flag 2" events than I get apneas or hypopneas. I can't find anything in the help files telling me what these events mean. Does anybody happen to know off hand.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
01-29-2015 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
TyroneShoes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Resmed 10 Auto user flag 2?
If you are talking about the data reported in SH, it is configurable in the prefs, and is considered "experimental" by the creator (not that Creator). IIRC, they are essentially "events", that do not meet the criteria for being the normal hypop, CA, or OA events. IOW, milder, shorter duration, etc.

Since they do not meet the criteria, they are probably pretty benign and won't really contribute to a significant desat or other issue. But they are a reminder that events are not absolute but an arbitrarily-defined measurement of degree of deviation from the norm, and that even normal respiration is far from perfect, even if "good enough".

That said, it seems unclear to me what the creator is doing with them, but since SH sees them and parses only data originally recorded by the xPAP, that means that the xPAP is aware of them as well, and they are real and a subject for study by those who design these machines. Just probably not significant to be of any real issue in xPAP therapy in the general sense, or to be studied all that thoroughly as something to inform design of the system. OF course possibly you are not referring to SH at all, but to direct reporting from the xPAP, as it is new and most of us are unfamiliar with it.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 02:07 AM by TyroneShoes.)
01-30-2015 02:05 AM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

RE: Resmed 10 Auto user flag 2?
(01-30-2015 02:05 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote:  ... but since SH sees them and parses only data originally recorded by the xPAP, that means that the xPAP is aware of them as well ...

I have modified the parameters of the optional user flags in SH, and it does go thru all the past data and recalculate, coming up with different numbers of events.

This makes me deduce that SH truly is deciphering data independently as well as reporting the standard stuff from the machine.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
01-30-2015 06:35 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long time CPAP user now with a problem PrkChps 5 96 Today 09:07 PM
Last Post: PrkChps
  New User Having Trouble Staying Asleep and more SnoreGalore 9 497 Yesterday 08:00 PM
Last Post: SnoreGalore
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,301 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure Abnormal86 14 560 11-22-2016 11:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  New User! SKClay 3 268 11-21-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  new user wants advice Gazz 3 235 11-19-2016 11:06 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Advice needed for struggling CPAP user Fubblin 35 1,980 11-18-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider