Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

question-side effect
question-side effect
I have been using the cpap for a couple weeks now- all ok but the last 2-3 days I have been experiencing just unexplained nausea- like sea sick feeling.... I don't have any other symptoms of possible sickness- definitely too old to be pregnant-
It kind of just dawned on if this could be air in my tummy? I don't have any symptons but nausea-- and it only comes on during the day-not when I sleep-it doesn't wake me up- just during the day, I have been so queasy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: question-side effect
and this is not a dizzy kind of vertigo issue? I have not yet had a swallowing too much air issue. I am in your range of pressures, so hope I don't begin to have those symptoms. check your water/fluids consumption if you think balance has something to do with it.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
nope, no vertigo- just nausea... like sea sicky during the day
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite possible it is totally unrelated to CPAP use. However, if it is bothersome or persists, see your GP. CPAP *can* muck with the inner ear but nausea isn't the only symptom.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not a Doc but at a pressure of 8 Im making a strong guess it has nothing to do with pap treatment. Possibly some bug you may have caught causing it. One like that has been going around in my area for the last month.
Post Reply Post Reply
A pressure of 8 can still cause ear disruption to someone who is not used to it yet.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2015, 09:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: A pressure of 8 can still cause ear disruption to someone who is not used to it yet.

Yep sure can. I understood maybe incorrectly the poster was stating they had no ear problem, vertigo dizzy etc. So best guess on my part was a stomach virus or some such.

Here at the sleep lab where about everyone is sent to at the hospital they usually start a person on titration night at 7 or 8 right off the bat.

They did me but then auto prescription setting was 6 ( way to low to do anything or give me enough air) and 15.

Needless to say those settings have been adjusted :grin:Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
well, maybe it was just a bug or something- but I didn't have any other symptoms other than being queasy- I also lifted my pillows higher so maybe that helped? I guess I wont know for sure!
thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 370 2 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 14 271 2 hours ago
Last Post: EasySleep
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 884 6 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 222 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 374 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 602 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 423 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.