Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 Auto user flag 2?
Resmed 10 Auto user flag 2?
I seem to be getting more of these "user flag 2" events than I get apneas or hypopneas. I can't find anything in the help files telling me what these events mean. Does anybody happen to know off hand.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 Auto user flag 2?
If you are talking about the data reported in SH, it is configurable in the prefs, and is considered "experimental" by the creator (not that Creator). IIRC, they are essentially "events", that do not meet the criteria for being the normal hypop, CA, or OA events. IOW, milder, shorter duration, etc.

Since they do not meet the criteria, they are probably pretty benign and won't really contribute to a significant desat or other issue. But they are a reminder that events are not absolute but an arbitrarily-defined measurement of degree of deviation from the norm, and that even normal respiration is far from perfect, even if "good enough".

That said, it seems unclear to me what the creator is doing with them, but since SH sees them and parses only data originally recorded by the xPAP, that means that the xPAP is aware of them as well, and they are real and a subject for study by those who design these machines. Just probably not significant to be of any real issue in xPAP therapy in the general sense, or to be studied all that thoroughly as something to inform design of the system. OF course possibly you are not referring to SH at all, but to direct reporting from the xPAP, as it is new and most of us are unfamiliar with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 Auto user flag 2?
(01-30-2015, 02:05 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: ... but since SH sees them and parses only data originally recorded by the xPAP, that means that the xPAP is aware of them as well ...

I have modified the parameters of the optional user flags in SH, and it does go thru all the past data and recalculate, coming up with different numbers of events.

This makes me deduce that SH truly is deciphering data independently as well as reporting the standard stuff from the machine.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,255 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 172 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 372 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 388 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 268 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 299 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.