Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 Blows little air when off?
Resmed 10 Blows little air when off?
First off thanks to make this a great resource. Been lurking and reading here the past 6 months with the start of my CPAP, learned lots.

Therapy has been working great, took to it without much fan fair. 

One of the lucky ones who is the middle of the Phillips recall, today I pick up a 800hour used Resmed Auto 10. 

One thing I noticed (don't recall the Phillips doing this), when you shutoff the machine its still pumps a very little bit of air, is that normal?

I can see where that would keep everything "fresh" and "dry" maybe, is that the thought behind this or did I get a dud?  

I tried to search for a like topic and came up blank, if someone can point me to a similar thread that would be great too.

Thanks all,

DB
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off?
It blows air for a while after turning it off to help dry out the tube and mask. Totally normal.
Simplicity is simple, complexity is complex. Don’t confuse the two.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're exactly right... the air will flow for a short period of time.  This is a cool down period.  
I usually keep my mask attached during this time.

The link for ordering a clinicians manual for your A10 here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Welcome to Apnea Board!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thank you both, will see how the first night goes!

DB
Post Reply Post Reply
The cool down time will have a snowflake in the display. It'll last about 20 minutes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave, need my readers to see anything on those little displays Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to hijack the thread, but two points of clarification.

#1 - Poster dbcooper is probably not THE infamous D. B. Cooper who in 1971 hijacked a Boeing 727 for a $200,000 ransom and then disappeared after parachuting out of a plane. This is the only unsolved commercial airplane hijacking. The FBI has effectively abandoned the search for Cooper, who would now be about 95 years old if living. I doubt that we have him here on this site. Smile

#2 - When SarcasticDave mentions a "snowflake," he is not referring to the millennial generation said to be easily offended, attention-seeking and lacking resilience. Dave is referring to the snowflake icon appearing on the PAP machine's screen. Smile

Just a little humor to brighten your day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2021, 07:19 PM)clownbell Wrote: Not to hijack the thread, but two points of clarification.

#1 - Poster dbcooper is probably not THE infamous D. B. Cooper who in 1971 hijacked a Boeing 727 for a $200,000 ransom and then disappeared after parachuting out of a plane. This is the only unsolved commercial airplane hijacking. The FBI has effectively abandoned the search for Cooper, who would now be about 95 years old if living. I doubt that we have him here on this site.     Smile    

#2 - When SarcasticDave mentions a "snowflake," he is not referring to the millennial generation said to be easily offended, attention-seeking and lacking resilience. Dave is referring to the snowflake icon appearing on the PAP machine's screen.   Smile

Just a little humor to brighten your day.

DB Cooper is one of my favorite stories/unsolved mysteries!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation Blows constantly Scotty372 11 2,087 10-09-2021, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Scotty372
  BiPap Ramps up-Blows my brains out! DreamMan 13 1,569 07-07-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP Blows My Mask Off After Awhile dmorgen 17 4,563 05-25-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  The air blows out my mouth! Leemax 10 5,742 03-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Geee
  GoLife For Men II Blows Air On The Tip Of My Nose... player 3 1,593 03-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Last Post: player

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.