Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 - High Flow
Resmed 10 - High Flow
My resmed 10 has hit its first issue. From the moment you turn the unit on, you hear the large sound of high pressure air going out the mask. I thought perhaps it was a mask/tube issue, but I connected another pair and it still remains the same.

The screen shows a flow rate @ 8 - but its significantly higher so much so that I can't even exhale.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting?
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 - High Flow
(09-10-2015, 07:51 PM)networkdad Wrote: My resmed 10 has hit its first issue. From the moment you turn the unit on, you hear the large sound of high pressure air going out the mask.
That is normal, as fresh air comes in the mask, exhale air comes out from exhaust vents holes so we don't suffocate breathing in exhaled air
If you find pressure overwhelming, use Ramp or/and use the machine during the day while doing something enjoyable, so you get use to it

If, its from leaks, than you need to work at fitting the mask correctly and ensure that you're using the right size or/and type
Use the mask fit feature, so you know if the mask fit is good or might need some adjustment

Practice makes perfect, best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using this since January. Something is definitely different as this is the first time so much air force is coming out. The prescription/rate of air hasnt change, and the ramp feature is still on and appears to work - but the rate of airflow is constantly high out of the gate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2015, 09:09 PM)networkdad Wrote: I've been using this since January. Something is definitely different as this is the first time so much air force is coming out. The prescription/rate of air hasnt change, and the ramp feature is still on and appears to work - but the rate of airflow is constantly high out of the gate.
Tough one, I cannot see the machine from down under Smile
Maybe, doctor changing the setting remotely

You'll need to download SleepyHead software from the link at the top of the page and see whats going on

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi networkdad,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can get your machine straightened out. You might talk to the people at the place where you got it about what’s going on with it.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2015, 09:09 PM)networkdad Wrote: I've been using this since January. Something is definitely different as this is the first time so much air force is coming out. The prescription/rate of air hasnt change, and the ramp feature is still on and appears to work - but the rate of airflow is constantly high out of the gate.

Turn on EPR and set it to 3 this will give you the most relief. If you think the pressure is off compared with what the display shows take it back into the DME where you got it and have them check the air pressure. They should be able to test it. If it is off then it becomes a warranty issue. Good luck to ya.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi networkdad,
We need to know which AirSense 10 you have. Are you using an autoset?
When you identify your machine, would you be so kind as to fill out your profile.
Also, download Sleepyhead software, see top of page, and start tracking your
data. This way, folk on this forum can better assist you by looking at your graphs.

If you really feel there is something not right with the pressure, or it has changed, then take your machine to be checked. It should be under warranty.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is very easy to check the pressure calibration with a differential pressure manometer. These are available through all the online sellers, or ask your provider to check the pressure. It literally takes seconds to get a reading. If the pressure is not correct, they will probably swap the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 227 6 hours ago
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 4 178 9 hours ago
Last Post: earnerd
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 11 191 10 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 159 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 644 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 106 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 119 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.