Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 cooling is not turning off
Resmed 10 cooling is not turning off
Hello,
I couldn't find anything using the search.

The "blue snowflake" continues to blink, and when the machine is off (not providing therapy), it blows a steady stream of air.

I can't figure out how to turn cooling off.

I can turn warming on, which turns it off, but I'd like to have neither on.

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 cooling is not turning off
As in never shuts off on its own?

Assuming the machine is under 3 years old I would be taking advantage of warranty on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seven months old.

I'll put in a call to the medical provider.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
This cool down feature has about a 20 minute timer. If it's not shutting off after about that time, it's probably defective. There's no way, as in a setting, to disable this. However you could unplug the machine to stop it, but you'd be doing that every time you stop therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the user manual it says after you end your session:

"Device blows a small amount of air in order to avoid condensation in the air tubing.  It will stop automatically after 30 minutes."

It's perfectly normal.  No way to turn it off that I have seen.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
the blower runs for a set time after stopping therapy if the humidifier is on; it doesn't run when humidifier is off.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's it. It turns itself off. False alarm.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 785 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,483 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  AirSense 11 Turning Off Humidifier? CChamp 3 5,623 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night piratekitty 16 1,594 12-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Last Post: piratekitty
  Newbie - Stuffy nose turning me into mouth breather Bert S 16 1,849 10-15-2021, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Bert S
  Filters turning black? RosieB08 11 6,175 08-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  Aircurve 10 st turning off while sleeping. OregonCentral 2 706 07-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.