Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 moist on bottom
RE: Resmed 10 moist on bottom
(05-17-2015, 08:20 AM)Bosn Wrote: Do I leave tray in res 10 with water all day or empty it

The manufacturers recommend removing the water daily and letting everything dry thoroughly every day.

I think it is very important to not allow the system and hose to remain subjected to moisture evaporating from the water chamber. Mold and bacteria will grow in there.

If I am using purified water I drain the chamber into a container for watering the houseplants. (If I'm out of purified water and using tap water I just dump the water.) Then I gently shake out most of the last drops and dry its top and put back in the CPAP machine and run the Warm Up cycle, so the system drys out thoroughly.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bosn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you don't have a leak in your water chamber.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(05-17-2015, 09:18 AM)Bosn Wrote: It's moist after using it and only 1/4 water left after filling it night before
Hi, this is my first post and I have noted the same problem. There is always a sheet of dampness at the bottom of my Resmed airsense10. It is my first machine and I have had it since December 2014. I follow the fill instructions exactly. It is never overfilled. I never move it with the reservoir attached.
This did not occur with my loaner the resmed9.
One other point is the water tank will never last the whole night if I use a humidity greater than 3 or 4,heat greater than 21 and or if I pre-heat my tubing. This also never occurred with my loaner. I don't see the point of having to fill it at 0400 with,if you can believe it when I am woken up by a bad charred taste in my mouth. The point of a cpap is so I CAN sleep through the night! Cant-sleep-wellCant-sleep-wellCant-sleep-wellOh-jeezOh-jeez
Also the print is so tiny I am unable to read it unless I put my glasses on which can potentially be another sleep interruption of length.
I know these machines have greatly improved over the years in portability as well as function
. I also understand that I am inexperienced with cpap machines but I do think Resmed airsense 10 with all of it's hitech functions should be much much better.
Awake now and giving the cpap an evil eye look!

Ps this might be in the wrong area. But too darn tired to search
Could someone give me advice on AIR TRAVEL please
Air canada, direct flight. Within Canada flight. Can I bring it on board? Will also have a small purse and a moderate sized bag to carry personal items such as medications and electronics.plus a small bottle of distilled water for the first night (we arrive late and won't have a car until the next day). Is this considered a necessity medically? Can not see sending a $1000 machine through airport chutes and into rough handling.
Anyone have experience ? Thank you

......still not asleep........
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds to me like you have a defective tank. My climate setting is auto with humidity setting of 4. My machine usage is between 8 to 9 hours and have about 1/3 of the water left in the tank in the morning. I run my A/C all the time. rH of the house is typically in the mid 40s and overnight temp is set to 72f.

To answer your questions on traveling with your CPAP see this wiki page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can bring it onboard. Canada observes the same liquid limits as the US TSA. You may have difficulty bringing distilled H2O onboard in quantities greater than 3.4 fluid ounces; unless you can convince the screener it's a medical necessity.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2015, 03:41 AM)cloudgurl Wrote: There is always a sheet of dampness at the bottom of my Resmed airsense10. It is my first machine and I have had it since December 2014. I follow the fill instructions exactly. It is never overfilled. I never move it with the reservoir attached.
This did not occur with my loaner the resmed9.
One other point is the water tank will never last the whole night if I use a humidity greater than 3 or 4,heat greater than 21 and or if I pre-heat my tubing. This also never occurred with my loaner.
Maybe the tank has a seal which is leaking?
Also, mask/face leaks can use up the water too quickly, because air leaks can hugely increase the amount of air going through the humidifier, using up water unnecessarily.

Quote:Could someone give me advice on AIR TRAVEL please
Air canada, direct flight. Within Canada flight. Can I bring it on board? Will also have a small purse and a moderate sized bag to carry personal items such as medications and electronics.plus a small bottle of distilled water for the first night (we arrive late and won't have a car until the next day). Is this considered a necessity medically? Can not see sending a $1000 machine through airport chutes and into rough handling.

Airlines have special forms to be filled out by your doctor if you are going to *use* the machine during a flight. But I think to just carry it on (without water and with no plans to use during the flight) is usually allowed over and above your normal carry-on allowance, though sometimes you might need a copy of your CPAP prescription.

It won't hurt your machine to use tap water one night. I often use tap water when I run out of purified water.

I would not put my CPAP machine in with my checked luggage, which might get thrown around and might be stored in a non-pressurized area and might be exposed to extreme cold during flight. These could cause the machine to malfunction.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been leaving the water tank in my Airsense 10 in the machine all of the time. I use it on auto humidity and auto hose temperature. My air conditioner is set to 75 degrees. I have noticed that there is condensation above the water level INSIDE my humidity water tank. After three weeks, I have never noticed any moisture on the outside of the Airsense 10.

After reading this thread, I will definitely start removing and drying the water tank during the day. I am sure moisture has been condensing on the inner parts of the machine.

Thanks for the informative thread!

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your respnses and information. I will contact my cpap provider with my concerns if I remain concerned about these resmed10 issues.
I don't intend to use it en route but do wonder if they have a petite travel unit that can be loaned for the two weeks I am away
I will try to remember my password so I can keep in touch with other more experienced cpap users that can help me through this terrible jungle of still not sleeping! .....
All the best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro
Ohmy Remove bottom of humidifier? (bugs inside!) princessamethyst916 8 1,512 06-22-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Nose sores on bottom of nostril Teddysjam 10 2,373 11-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed AirSense 10, humidifier discoloring on bottom? Jackie1 33 13,486 08-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Back to CPAP -- and some questions at the bottom skookum 4 1,557 02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Last Post: partsman
  Bottom drops out of prices on Respironics Series 60 machines OMyMyOHellYes 15 5,708 09-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Adoniscmj
  Annoying mask leak from the bottom. boar 8 4,046 11-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Last Post: boar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.