Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 noise solutions...
Resmed 10 noise solutions...
I have had several noise issues with Airsense 10 Autoset.  The whistling/wheezing noise on inhale/exhale can be fixed with a light coat of KY on the donut gaskets which the water tank couples to and to the tank halves gasket.

Other equally annoying noises were fixed on my machine with the addition of a small woodworking clamp to the tank halves.  These are available at Home Depot.  The one I'm using is 8 1/2" in total length.  You need 3 1/2" of jaws gap.  I hope this is useful to somebody.

I am sorry.  I was going to post images, but apparently am a post short of the 4 post requirement.  Maybe I'll post a joke and then the images.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 noise solutions..........
KY jelly to stop whistling/wheezing, who'ed have thunk!

I ended up buying a new tank! But I will keep this in mined next time it starts making sounds again.

Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 31616905-F498-40-C5-864-A-722652-E06781.jpg]

[Image: E5-BBBD93-EC5-B-4021-943-E-62-ABE066606-A.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the seals between the machine and tank, the inlet seal is round and matches the tank opening, but the outlet seal is oblong and does not really match the outlet opening. For that reason, I am treating the outlet and tank as a set to be replaced together when needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2019, 01:03 PM)ragtopcircus Wrote: If you look at the seals between the machine and tank, the inlet seal is round and matches the tank opening, but the outlet seal is oblong and does not really match the outlet opening. For that reason, I am treating the outlet and tank as a set to be replaced together when needed.

That's probably a good way to do it.  The KY fix also worked on a Dreamstation I own, but that machine is noisy even without the whining/whistling.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 noise solutions...
FWIW, I just tried the KY fix on a mask whistle (where silicone rubber had to seal against hard plastic). Works great!
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the hose covering for?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
It can help to insulate the hose so that you don't experience rain-out. 

I have a hose cover as well as a hose hanger / holder. The cover also helps to protect the hose so that it doesn't rub against something, speeding up wear and tear. The cover also keeps the hose quiet if it should rub against something like a bed headboard and such. 

I have a black, fleece-like hose cover.  It actually in my opinion, makes the hose look a little less medical appearing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 673 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,555 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,235 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 196 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,721 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 429 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.