Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 9 needs repair
Resmed 9 needs repair
I hve a resmed 9,  vpap sta.  It will not turn off, except if i unplug it.  I purchashed used from the dme i had at the time.  Right now i am between insurance.  Suggestions for repair, i would also like some diagnostic ran to see if it is pressures are correct.  I am not handy andy or a diy person. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 9 needs repair
You might give Supplier #27 and Supplier #28 a call.  They do repairs.
If it will not turn off with the button, then it's possible to disassemble and clean that switch.  
It's not a job for someone who's not handy.
Pressures could be checked with a homemade manometer.
There is also the "how deep in water will the end of the hose quit blowing bubbles test."  
That basically requires a metric ruler and a container of water at least 20 cm deep.
The machine will likely stay at EPAP pressure, so, it should test to 15.6 centimeters.
The above suppliers can do a test as part of their repair.

You may find professional repair beyond economic reach; or it exceeds the cost of a newer machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
zimm4er,
You can preform a simple test to check your machine's pressure. Fill a receptacle able to hold at least 25.4cm (10 inches) of water. With just the hose connected to your xPAP and it set to your 20cm pressure, turn it on. Slowly submerge the hose in the water until it stops bubbling. Measure from the water's surface to the end of the hose. This distance should be equal in centimeters to the set pressure. In your case, it should be 20cm (7-7/8").

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Might be better to submerge below the bubble point; then retract until it starts to bubble. Less splatter.
Also, might consider affixing a 12 inch ruler, with a cm scale, to the hose such the 0 cm is at the tip of the hose.
Retract slowly. When it starts to bubble, read the depth in cm from the ruler.

I once tried a digital manometer attached to a Tee on my bipap. I was wearing the mask; and I could catch the EPAP pressure. But, IPAP duration being shorter, and with the slew rate of the digital readout, I could not catch the IPAP pressure.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2017, 02:55 PM)justMongo Wrote: Might be better to submerge below the bubble point; then retract until it starts to bubble.  Less splatter.
Great idea Mongo! My brain is not working in "neat" mode.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too much Southern Comfort?
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Switch means opening it up - or use a power strip with a switch.
The pressure issue is easier, although I believe the bubble method is just too crude and inexact - (too much bubbly, not enough southern comfort).. Here is what you do:
take the hose and fill it about a third full of water. With the hose looped in half, open ends pointing up ( U ) attach one end to the pap while holding the other end at a fixed height (the edge of the table or top of the machine, etc.) . Mark where the top of the water level is (felt tip pen, piece of tape). Turn on the machine and mark where the water level is now. Turn off machine (probably should remove hose and empty water and DO NOT let water run into machine by lifting lose end of the hose up). Measure the difference between the two marks in cm and multiply by 2. That is the exact pressure of the machine. You can also do this at different pressures (high and low) to make sure the machine is running true over full pressure range. No bubbles - no pails of water - and you have cleaned out your tube and have the bubbly to drink Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 513 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,581 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 709 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,280 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim
  Do it yourself REPAIR forum AC Hunter 1 917 09-14-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] Resmed ClimateLine repair? jeffparker 8 890 08-16-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.