Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Autoset data in CPAP mode
RE: Resmed A10 Autoset data in CPAP mode
(04-23-2016, 02:39 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: AirSense 10 Autroset APAP/CPAP machine - detailed data - about $900 online
And this model comes in either a plain black or "For Her" models. As long as you don't mind the pretty color, the For Her is the better machine. For the same price it has the same capacities as the black one, plus RERA reporting and an extra comfort algorithm you can try out
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 04:12 PM)Carbon Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 02:39 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: AirSense 10 Autroset APAP/CPAP machine - detailed data - about $900 online
And this model comes in either a plain black or "For Her" models. As long as you don't mind the pretty color, the For Her is the better machine. For the same price it has the same capacities as the black one, plus RERA reporting and an extra comfort algorithm you can try out

According to Rescan my Autoset/Black has RERA also, I don't know if that is true, although I do see RERA reported in Sleepyhead.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
It's luck of the draw on the RERA on the black model - mine bought 5 months ago (Australia) did not have it, I recall another poster with one almost a year old did.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 02:35 PM)parrst Wrote: Can someone clear up the difference between the models mentioned? I googled resmed a10 autoset and all I find is the AirSense 10. I would like to have better details from my unit. I think I have a 30 day return. If the price difference is not too great, I will upgrade. I am a nerd and I like my data! lol

Here is a link that lists the different machines available:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

If you want an AutoSet, I would suggest upgrading before the 30 days is up.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 02:35 PM)parrst Wrote: Can someone clear up the difference between the models mentioned? I googled resmed a10 autoset and all I find is the AirSense 10. I would like to have better details from my unit. I think I have a 30 day return. If the price difference is not too great, I will upgrade. I am a nerd and I like my data! lol

The front of the Resmed units all look the same - black.
Except the for her is a light color.
Also the different units have a one word name in the lower right front
'CPAP' 'Autoset' etc.

My DME says my unit is a 'rental' so no 30 day limit,
but I'll believe that when I get the new unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 08:38 PM)rem52 Wrote: My DME says my unit is a 'rental' so no 30 day limit,
but I'll believe that when I get the new unit.

If you are using insurance to rent your CPAP machine the chances are you will own it after the rental period. If you are in the US and renting and have medicare, that rental period is 13 months. 3 months of compliance test and 10 months of rent to own.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
The A10 I have from a year ago does report RERAs. IMHO this data is an overlooked but vastly important part of a good night sleep. RERA doesn't get reported in the AHI calculation but does in the RDI calculation. SH allows you to choose between AHI and RDI and back and forth at will. I have months where my AHI is higher than other months but my RDI for that month is lower and overall I feel that a lower RDI number is better for me. Hence being able to track RERAs for me is essential. For the folks here who have low AHI numbers but still don't feel great reducing RERAs is a great start.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 11:07 AM)sonicboom Wrote: The A10 I have from a year ago does report RERAs. IMHO this data is an overlooked but vastly important part of a good night sleep. RERA doesn't get reported in the AHI calculation but does in the RDI calculation. SH allows you to choose between AHI and RDI and back and forth at will. I have months where my AHI is higher than other months but my RDI for that month is lower and overall I feel that a lower RDI number is better for me. Hence being able to track RERAs for me is essential. For the folks here who have low AHI numbers but still don't feel great reducing RERAs is a great start.

What is AHI and RERA?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 02:13 PM)parrst Wrote: What is AHI and RERA?

Here are a couple links to help understand some of the terms used.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME wouldn't give me the autoset because my script didn't have a range. I called the Dr.'s office, told them I needed the autoset s10 because I'm tracking my data. THEY changed my script to specify the autoset.

The Dr.. works for you, should do this if you request. I'd also have them change the script to a range while you're on the phone, that way the dme would have zero to say about it.

If THAT doesn't work, one of the vendors listed on here is online and does handle insurance
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 472 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 249 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.