Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Elite Data Card Size? Max Replacement Size?
Resmed A10 Elite Data Card Size? Max Replacement Size?
I want to try the Sleepmaster wireless software for transferring the data from the machine to the computer automatically and wirelessly.
http://www.sleepmaster.org/home.html

The only compatible wireless flash card is the Flashair by Toshiba. I am wondering about the size to buy. How much card memory is used by the
A10? Will an 8 gig card hold years worth of data? Is there a maximum size
the A10 will utilize? I went through the manual but did not see the card specs...
http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A10 Elite Data Card Size? Max Replacement Size?
I think most of the cards that come with the machines are 1-2GB, so I'd imagine an 8GB card would be more than big enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 06:15 PM)player Wrote: How much card memory is used by the
A10? Will an 8 gig card hold years worth of data? Is there a maximum size
the A10 will utilize?

Archangle has been trying to get some of these answers for a while now...

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Questions

Some day we'll know... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I went with the 16 GB since it was only a few dollars more than the 8 GB model where I was purchasing it from. I think 16 GB is extreme overkill for a CPAP machine but it works fine just the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the A10 holds the same 7 days of complete, 30 days of semi, and 365 days of compliance, then it will use mere MB. My 2yr old (to me) Autoset SD card has used just 35MB of the data of the 961MB available. It doesn't matter how many years I use it, it's only going to keep 365 days worth of data on there. I doubt I will ever use much more than that 35MB of space.

A Phillips Respironics is different since they hold more data for longer and more detailed data for longer. ResMed's biggest fault is this.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2015, 08:13 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If the A10 holds the same 7 days of complete, 30 days of semi, and 365 days of compliance, then it will use mere MB. My 2yr old (to me) Autoset SD card has used just 35MB of the data of the 961MB available. It doesn't matter how many years I use it, it's only going to keep 365 days worth of data on there. I doubt I will ever use much more than that 35MB of space.

A Phillips Respironics is different since they hold more data for longer and more detailed data for longer. ResMed's biggest fault is this.

The A10 apparently holds more days worth of data. It's not clear to me yet what data it will keep either in terms of days or gigabytes.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now that would be a big step for them if they did. Because if/when my Autoset goes belly up, I'm switching to a PR. This being forced to download data once a week or else got old real fast.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The issue with the 8Gb is not storage size but the FlashAir's firmware on that card. It will only allow access to old style DOS 8.3 filenames over the wireless interface. Both the ResMed and PR machines use longer filenames so what is downloaded (via SleepMaster or any other method) will not be what is on the card.

V2 cards that handle long filenames only come in 16Gb+ sizes. There is no 8Gb card with the newer firmware. So, the 16Gb card is the right choice.

A V3 card was just released that has additional features like being able to run custom automation scripts on the card itself. At some point we may see some scripts posted here that will do things like automatic downloads initiated by the card after the xPAP writes a new file.
Post Reply Post Reply
Data card size? The one I have is 1 1/4" x 7/8".

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have said "capacity". SD cards are nortorious about having ambiguous, unclear and conflicting attributes. I'll do my best to explain but fair warning - it takes a few paragraphs.

Some of the common attributes used to describe "SD" cards are:

Size: MicroSD, MiniSD, Full Size SD
The physical dimensions of the card. (Yours is a full size SD card.)

Capacity: Anything from 16MB to 32GB or more.
The storage capacity of the card. (Usually in large print on the package.)
If you have a working SD card with < 1GB capacity, keep it. A computer
museum might pay real $$$ for it some day:-)

Class: Class 4, 6, 8, 10, (perhaps others) or no class defined at all. (Usually a number inside a small "C")
A general indication of the time it takes to complete writing information (like a photo) to the card.
Higher numbers indicate data can be written more quickly. No class indication means SLOW.

Speed: 16x, 40x, etc. (Sometimes printed on the package)
Raw transfer rate to/from the card (as a multiple of the rate used by the original cards long ago)
This is NOT the same as "Class". A card can only hold so much data in its temporary internal
fast storage before it has to tell the host (camera, xPAP, etc.) to pause the data transfer so the card
can complete writing that chunk to its permanent internal storage. "Speed" determines how quickly
that chunk can be sent to the card itself. "Class" describes how fast that chunk can be written to
permanent storage inside the card. Once that writing is done the next chunk of data can be sent
to the card. The process repeats until the entire file is stored on the card.

Type: SD, SDHC, SDXC, SD-UHS, SD-UHSII
Describes which generation of the SD specficiation is supported by the card. A host (camera, xPAP, etc),
that supports a newer version of the SD spec will also work with older SD cards. Newer cards however
may not work in hosts designed for older versions of the SD spec. Recent xPAP (Resmed S9 and later)
and PR (System One and later) seem to work fine with SDHC cards even though they are shipped with the
tried and true SD type cards.

A FlashAir cards Firmware version number is important since that determines what kind of wireless capabilities it has. On the front of the card you will see in small print "W-01", "W-02", "W-03" or perhaps nothing at all (which you should assume means the same as "W-01", a Version 1 card). The wireless interface of Version 1 cards cannot understand
filenames larger than the old DOS 8.3 style. The SD card itself has no problem with longer file names but you can't access them wirelessly. Version 2 and later FlashAir cards fixed this problem. There is NO workaround for this. It's
NOT a Sleepmaster bug. BTW, it's just a concidence that the Class 6 FlashAir cards only had V1 firmware and the
Class 10 cards all had the V2 firmware. It's the firmware revision that's important, not the class.

So, for use with current Resmed (S9 and later) and PI (System One and later) machines you will need:

1) Capacity of 2GB or more
2) Full Size SD (a Mini or MicroSD in a fullsize SD adapter will work fine)
3) Class 6 or higher
4) Speed is not important
5) Version 2 or 3 FlashAir cards if you want to download the xPAP files wirelessly.
6) Type SD or SDHC. SDXC, SD-UHS and SD-UHSII may work but someone would have to try it.

On older machines SDHC cards MAY work but the original SD cards will ALWAYS work. It's very hard to find real
original SD cards in retail stores any more. SD only supported up to 2GB max capacity. Because individual flash memory chips are now >2GB it actually costs *more* to make a 2GB SD card than a 4 or 16GB SDHC card. That's why you won't see them in stores any more but xPAPs still ship with them. It's probably cheaper for them than it would be to get FDA approval for the newer SDHC cards. The memory companies are happy to take the $$$.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,055 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 94 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,822 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,038 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.