Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10- I Did Not Know That!
Resmed A10- I Did Not Know That!
I just got the manual emailed to me (thanks!) and I see that as part of the cleaning routine I am supposed to remove the hose connector part (that the hose plugs into) out of the machine and clean it too. Never did it, but I will now.

[Image: AirOutlet.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A10- I Did Not Know That!
Good luck. I had a bear of a time trying to get that part out. Was concerned I would break it so I pushed it back in.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You will discover - if you haven't by now - that sliding the hose connector back in isn't quite as easy as it may appear. The climate line connector must be 'just so' for things to slide back together. Unfortunately, I can't describe the 'just so' because it's been a while since I took it out and got it back together. It's not something I would do weekly.

Since it's not mentioned in any of the consumer videos, I would assume that dis-assembly is for disinfecting between patients in a hospital or clinic environment - but maybe I should read /all/ the way through the clinicians manual...
Post Reply Post Reply
When I press the clip, the air outlet moves slightly but cannot figure how to get it out

The user guide does not mention anything about the air outlet or shows any view from the inside of the machine. Since not mentioned in the user guide comes with the machine, I assume pholynyk is correct, its for hospital setups where machines are shared between patients and not for the single user. For our own protection, we're not suppose to get our hands on the clinical manual ... our of sight, out of mind, something like that.
A10 user guide http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with Zonk on this, I think my research early in my new machine (July) was that this was for between patients maintenance. Not on individual use machines. I can look further if need be to confirm.

Although I have considered doing this, I have not at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps, but it is part of the moisture path, so things could be growing nicely there. A dark, moist, warm spot.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10 reprocessing guide http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

This guide is intended for multipatient use of the AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10 devices.

When the device is used for multiple patients, for example, in a sleep lab, clinic, hospital or at a health care provider, the cleanable water tub, air outlet and air tubing should be reprocessed between each patient use.
If the cleanable water tub or the air tubing are being used for a single user in the home, refer to the cleaning instructions in the User Guide.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only to remove the air outlet using pliers and forced it out, pushing back in is another matter, providing got out in one piece undamaged

This is design flaw of A10, just like the flimsy H5i (S9 humidifier) door hinges
They made them cheaply and designed to break easily so you void the warranty and buy spares or even another machine if damaged the first machine in the process of removing the part

They're not stupid, they're laughing all the way to the bank

Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing like purposefully introducing a design flaw to insure repeat business. (Which is pretty much everything you buy today from toasters to cars.)
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 08:04 AM)AlanE Wrote: Nothing like purposefully introducing a design flaw to insure repeat business. (Which is pretty much everything you buy today from toasters to cars.)

Then, by definition, it is not a design flaw. It's a designed point of failure. They likely give an award to the designer who can devise the most profitable, but subtle, point of failure.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.