Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10- I Did Not Know That!
RE: Resmed A10- I Did Not Know That!
Funny, we do the same thing in programming. Except we call it a feature.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Having had the air tube out twice now, I must object to calling it a design flaw. Pliers are not needed, and probably will damage the part.

My technique (so called) is to use an old bamboo chopstick to force the triangular tab down and back. this pops the piece out a little ways. Then (or first, actually) I make sure the flat on the rotating collar is towards the filter side of the machine, and wiggle the silicone seal out past the collar, pulling gently with my fingers.

Replacement is similar - making sure the flat on the collar is toward the side. The two side fingers must slide up on top of the edges of the inside back and the the triangular tab sill slide under its bracket and snap into perfect alignment - which, obviously, is required, or the seal will leak for sure - mine does anyway, I think. I do get those hissing and popping noises others have mentioned.

Resmed did make some mistakes in the design of the A10, but, in my opinion, this part is not one of them.

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 08:20 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 08:04 AM)AlanE Wrote: Nothing like purposefully introducing a design flaw to insure repeat business. (Which is pretty much everything you buy today from toasters to cars.)

Then, by definition, it is not a design flaw. It's a designed point of failure. They likely give an award to the designer who can devise the most profitable, but subtle, point of failure.

SHa_clap2
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
They probably have competitions for the most profitable and subtle designed point of failure. Design it so that it fails multiple times per year and make it look like it is just the user's fumble fingers that is causing it to break. Make the replacement cheap to manufacture and mark it up 200%. Then put it on sale for 20% off. Everybody gets rich except the user who gets poorer and blames him/her self for all the failures. Crying-into-tissue

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Doing great on the S9. This week I'll buy a second CPAP, so threads like this are appreciated. I don't add water to my S9, and don't need WiFi. ResMed guarantees repairs and parts for at least five years.

Insurance will pay 100% for my next CPAP.

Can anyone give compelling reasons to get the AirSense 10 instead of the S9 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I tend to think, A10 (CPAP & AutoSet models) is not complete machine yet, and was a rush job from the beginning to compete with PRS1 machine on price. It wouldn't surprise one bit, if it get few tweaks or even a new name (e.g. A10 ii or A11)
Especially now Respironcis comes out with DreamStation machine, reading through the manual, seem to have some fancy features

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 07:57 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Having had the air tube out twice now, I must object to calling it a design flaw. Pliers are not needed, and probably will damage the part.

My technique (so called) is to use an old bamboo chopstick to force the triangular tab down and back. this pops the piece out a little ways. Then (or first, actually) I make sure the flat on the rotating collar is towards the filter side of the machine, and wiggle the silicone seal out past the collar, pulling gently with my fingers.

Replacement is similar - making sure the flat on the collar is toward the side. The two side fingers must slide up on top of the edges of the inside back and the the triangular tab sill slide under its bracket and snap into perfect alignment - which, obviously, is required, or the seal will leak for sure - mine does anyway, I think. I do get those hissing and popping noises others have mentioned.

Resmed did make some mistakes in the design of the A10, but, in my opinion, this part is not one of them.

Phil

What are all the design flaws in the A10 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt that there will ever be agreement that we know /all/ the design flaws of any device. Smile

The one that bugs me the most is the failure to use the cell tower time signal to keep the machine time correct, and to update it for DST changes.
The noise that shows up on inhalation seems to be variable, and probably due to manufacturing variations in the fitting of the humidifier gaskets. I guess Resmed never tested the machines in their own bedrooms to any great degree...
I'd also like it if Resmed would do software updates to existing A10 machines when they make changes to new production batches.

That's my list; I'm pretty happy with my AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
disclaimer: I don't have an A10...

but - i get the distinct feeling that the quality control on these and on the dream stations are not what we have come to expect for our money. The new models are for better sales and marketing not better for patients. I doubt they will last like the older models have, they do not seem to me to be as durable. The focus is to sell more, and resell faster into a market that is rapidly expanding.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
There are not any flaws on my A10 as far as I can tell.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.