Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10- I Did Not Know That!
RE: Resmed A10- I Did Not Know That!
I have both the user's manual and the clinician's guide. Neither requires removal of the exhaust pipe from the case.

What is the title and date of the manual which contains the instructions which you reference
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2015, 11:05 AM)Reuven Gruber Wrote: I have both the user's manual and the clinician's guide. Neither requires removal of the exhaust pipe from the case.

What is the title and date of the manual which contains the instructions which you reference
A10 clinical manual, page 24 and 26 have some pictures
Looks simple enough to remove but when I tried, its not that simple as they make it to look
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2015, 02:58 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-21-2015, 11:05 AM)Reuven Gruber Wrote: I have both the user's manual and the clinician's guide. Neither requires removal of the exhaust pipe from the case.

Looks simple enough to remove but when I tried, its not that simple as they make it to look

According to the guide these steps are only for reprocessing ("When the device is used for multiple patients"). These steps do not apply to a single user like most of us

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2015, 12:27 PM)Reuven Gruber Wrote:
(10-21-2015, 02:58 PM)zonk Wrote:

According to the guide these steps are only for reprocessing ("When the device is used for multiple patients"). These steps do not apply to a single user like most of us
AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10 reprocessing guide http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid134810

Maybe not, but I want to know how to remove the part as illustrated without damaging the machine
Not much to ask
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2015, 02:24 PM)zonk Wrote: Maybe not, but I want to know how to remove the part as illustrated without damaging the machine
Not much to ask

It may depend on who is doing the removing??? Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 07:57 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Having had the air tube out twice now, I must object to calling it a design flaw. Pliers are not needed, and probably will damage the part.

My technique (so called) is to use an old bamboo chopstick to force the triangular tab down and back. this pops the piece out a little ways. Then (or first, actually) I make sure the flat on the rotating collar is towards the filter side of the machine, and wiggle the silicone seal out past the collar, pulling gently with my fingers.

Replacement is similar - making sure the flat on the collar is toward the side. The two side fingers must slide up on top of the edges of the inside back and the the triangular tab sill slide under its bracket and snap into perfect alignment - which, obviously, is required, or the seal will leak for sure - mine does anyway, I think. I do get those hissing and popping noises others have mentioned.

Resmed did make some mistakes in the design of the A10, but, in my opinion, this part is not one of them.

Phil

ResMed should have put the gaskets on the humidifier tank, not the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2015, 10:58 PM)Doctor Wrote: ResMed should have put the gaskets on the humidifier tank, not the machine.
[Image: like.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 04:52 PM)DariaVader Wrote: disclaimer: I don't have an A10...

but - i get the distinct feeling that the quality control on these and on the dream stations are not what we have come to expect for our money. The new models are for better sales and marketing not better for patients. I doubt they will last like the older models have, they do not seem to me to be as durable. The focus is to sell more, and resell faster into a market that is rapidly expanding.

I believe the new models are for the "real" customer - the DME!
The A10 supposedly looks good (so the DME doesn't get pushback when they foist it on another customer) but the fact that it "phones home" and provides the DME all the compliance data without lifting a finger and that is integrated into a Resmed back end CRM system given "gratis" to the DME is its compelling feature. It drops the DME cost to serve. Apparently the DreamStation was also meant to do this but Philiips hasn't built out the back end system support like Resmed (from what I hear).

control the channel = take the market!

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.