Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Recall Question...
Phillips Recall Question...
Hello!

If I'm not using the humidifier function of the machine (Dreamstation 1 Auto CPAP), does that mean I'm not at risk for the foam issue? Or does the issue exist without using it as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips Recall Question...
It is for the complete CPAP. Philips used the foam for sound abatement around the blower.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2024, 11:48 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It is for the complete CPAP.  Philips used the foam for sound abatement around the blower.
- Red

I sent my machine in to Phillips and they sent me a replacement one that has been "fixed" a few months back. Is it truly fixed or is there some other issue with it now that has been recently identified? Or is that the Dreamstation 2? My insurance is going to let me upgrade my machine in June 2024, which machine is comparable? I was thinking the AirSense 11 by ResMed.

What is the consensus on using the machine during this recall mess? Keep using or stop using?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a Resmed man, and not all that familiar with this subject. My understanding is the "fix" was just as bad as the OEM. Again, they chose the wrong foam.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also a ResMed man although my prior machine as a PR System One. My wife's sleep doc refuses to even consider Phillips Systems and when Phillips tried to go to her for the script to send my wife a new machine, the doc basically told them where to go. My wife has had a ResMed machine for the last three years and it works well for her.

Personally I wouldn't own any medical device from PR. I am working issues with them trying to get replacement parts (pads and batteries) for a couple of their AEDs without any luck.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my opinion, if you can get the ResMed 10 series, it's likely better than the 11. I've heard the 11s may be putting a smaller blower from the travel machine inside. As for the 10s, you can get those in all models from CPAP, AutoSet, VAuto, ST, ST-A, ASV, whichever you'll need basically.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife and I both have 10 series - I have the AirSense and she has the AirCurve. What makes it great is the commonality of parts such as filters, tanks, hoses, and the like. Both of us have been real happy.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2024, 12:54 PM)jonesresidence Wrote: I sent my machine in to Phillips and they sent me a replacement one that has been "fixed" a few months back. Is it truly fixed or is there some other issue with it now that has been recently identified? Or is that the Dreamstation 2? My insurance is going to let me upgrade my machine in June 2024, which machine is comparable? I was thinking the AirSense 11 by ResMed.

What is the consensus on using the machine during this recall mess? Keep using or stop using?

I'm a phillips man (tried resmed machines)-the replacement machines (DS1s-and DS2s) have white foam installed (silicone) and there are some reports that the white foam isn't as bad as the black foam but does offgas a bit...

Personally I've remediate my machines with foamless airchambers and don't notice a noise difference or a difference in efficacy.   I do have one of the white foam replacement machines, but haven't yet used it (it's a backup).
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2024, 02:40 PM)I notice they have one without the modem (card to cloud) for half the cost, any reason why I should not go with this one over the modem unit?  SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just my opinion, if you can get the ResMed 10 series, it's likely better than the 11. I've heard the 11s may be putting a smaller blower from the travel machine inside. As for the 10s, you can get those in all models from CPAP, AutoSet, VAuto, ST, ST-A, ASV, whichever you'll need basically.

(01-05-2024, 08:42 PM)I notice they have one without the modem (card to cloud) for half the cost, any reason why I should not go with this one over the modem unit?  Homerec130 Wrote: My wife and I both have 10 series - I have the AirSense and she has the AirCurve. What makes it great is the commonality of parts such as filters, tanks, hoses, and the like. Both of us have been real happy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Card to cloud in the 10 series is fine. It does away with the modem module as I understand it. This then I suppose leaves your SD card as the means of transfer from your computer.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,256 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,406 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,469 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 705 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 272 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.