Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
RE: Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery
I have not studied the workings of my Resmed S10 Autoset, but I am an electrical engineer with experience with microprocessors and embedded control. Battery backed RAM to store parameters was common in the 1900s, but not today. Modern microprocessors include nonvolitle, or electrically erasable memory for parameters.

The real time clock does need a battery so that it can run with the unit unplugged. This will be a lithium coin cell. If the design life is 20 years or more, then they assume the battery never needs replacing. That's why it is not designed for easy replacement and the manual does not tell you how to replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for helpful replies (again). The pdf of internals shows a battery (BAT200) on backside of the motherboard. I guess I just hope when I need the backup machine that the battery is still functional.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2021, 12:29 PM)BKeeper Wrote: Thanks for helpful replies (again). The pdf of internals shows a battery (BAT200) on backside of the motherboard. I guess I just hope when I need the backup machine that the battery is still functional.

Glad that the PDF helped. BTW, BKeeper.... does that mean BeeKeeper by chance?
If so, we started in Feb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, ATSC, I am a long-time hobby Beek  Smile
Best of luck - for me, it has been interesting and quite a learning experience for more than 30 yrs now.
Dick
Post Reply Post Reply
I am replacing the motherboard on my AirSense 10 autoset and yes there is a 2030 or maybe 32 on the backside. Unfortunately it is welded to a pair of steel angles which are apparently soldered to the board under the bottom left corner of the Home Button so probably you have to remove the screen to replace it. Too bad. There is some possibility of severing the spot welds with a blade if you can somehow support under the blow. Both hold-downs are welded to the positive side.  The other side appears to be a contact only, so you could maybe solder in a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the detail, Sueño. That's a hard battery to change!
Post Reply Post Reply
You are welcome! One more detail; there are four spot welds in two pairs which complicates the operation also.
Post Reply Post Reply

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2021, 11:43 PM)Suenyo Wrote: I am replacing the motherboard on my AirSense 10 autoset and yes there is a 2030 or maybe 32 on the backside. Unfortunately it is welded to a pair of steel angles which are apparently soldered to the board under the bottom left corner of the Home Button so probably you have to remove the screen to replace it. Too bad. There is some possibility of severing the spot welds with a blade if you can somehow support under the blow. Both hold-downs are welded to the positive side.  The other side appears to be a contact only, so you could maybe solder in a new one.

Just unsolder it & replace with 1 of these.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a diamond cutoff wheel for your Dremel and cut off the old battery and use a separate battery with leads as John vk3hjq suggested. You can stick the new battery in place with hot melt glue or silicone RTV adhesive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Today, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,440 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10 Jantoe 15 3,890 12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,223 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.