Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Poster
New Poster
First Post: Philips Resperonics System One with water reservoir. Currently using Nuance Pro gel pillows mask with no problems. I tried to get the data to post: I average 5 hours of sleep a night. I wake up and things are on my mind and going back to sleep is not possible. Is the CPap doing this? I have used it for over a year with the 5 hours. Sometimes I go back to sleep later in the morning but not usually. How do my numbers look? I hope this is the correct place to post this. It took me all day to figure out how to get the card out and the data off and the picture possibly here: [attachment=2324]

Flow Limitation Events 5
Hypopnia 4
RERA 7
VS2 29
VS 12
4 Hours Sleep

Is there a page that explains all of the acronyms?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Poster
Hi Nancy Sinclaire,

welcome to the forum.

I will defer to others to help interpret your data.

There is a wiki you might find useful for acronyms and other info... http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions

Also, you can find out how to get the clinical manual for your CPAP machine here ... http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Your data looks quite good to me. How do you feel with 4-5 hours of sleep. If you can not get back to sleep due to a busy mind some meditation techniques might help.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I would expect that there are some tweaks that can be made, others will suggest some things to try. Those snores should not be going on (pretty sure about that) and sure could disturb your sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Welcome to apneaboard. You did a nice job of getting an attachment on your first post.
At first glance, your numbers and graphs look pretty good.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Nancy Sinclaire,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Your snap shot looks very good to me also. Your snoring does raise an eyebrow however. Snoring, of course, is a symptom of sleep apnea, so therefor, there should be very little, if any. I feel the snoring, or the evidence of airway closure, could possible be curtailed by raising your bottom number of 5 up to a 6 or maybe even a 7. If you care to do this yourself, the clinician setup manual for your machine is avble. Use the CPAP setup manual button at the top of the page. Its not rocket science and ez to do. I would also suggest that IF you decide to raise or adjust the pressure settings that you do it in small increments. Raise it to 5 1/2 and give it a few days, then on to 6 or higher if you decide. 5 hours of sleep is a little on the shy side enough sleep. Maybe the removal of snoring will give you some longer sleep/
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
When I had a sleep study done a few years ago, among other things the doc told me that I was a natural short sleeper with a need to sleep about 5 - 5.5 hours a night. This was news to me! I've always slept a long time, perhaps trying to get two sleep cycles to compensate for the OSA. So if you feel rested and energized and ready to get up, perhaps your sleep cycles is shorter than normal? I usually sleep longer (bed is soft and warm, work is not so enticing) but I think I feel worse for it. If only I had willpower.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New poster Brilwathiein 0 2,855 04-13-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Brilwathiein
Question First time poster, long time CPAP user with an OSCAR report. Afasterme 8 1,254 10-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Afasterme
  First time poster struggling with mask seal Cammo 10 5,682 12-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Melman
  RERAs - first time poster JJ7801 6 2,210 06-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Long time reader..first time poster 49thparallel 9 3,676 08-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  [Diagnosis] long time snorer first time poster Simon 11 4,279 12-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Simon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.