Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question
Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question
My Vauto power button has progressively gotten more difficult to turn on or off. It finally stopped shutting off yesterday. After disassembly. I found the (cheap) tactile microswitch had broken. Since it is in parts, I can only measure the package length and width, but not the height. I know it is a 6x6.

My question is; Does anyone happen to know if it is a 6x6x5 or a 6x6x4.3? package.

If anyone is curious, the switch has a slight convex 4mm (3/16") thin copper disc, think of a parenthesis "(" as the side view. When deflected by pressing on the top bar, makes a momentary contact to start and stop the CPAP. A $0.43 switch brings down a several hundred dollar device. . . Geesh!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question
Yes, but how many times have you pressed and released it?

This sounds like an excuse to take apart an old AirSense machine - if I can find some empty bench space.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My gut feeling is that’s something you can’t fix with duct tape.   Bag-head
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only pressed it 6 to 8 times. . . per sleep session. The AC10 has only 6000 hours on it now. I bought it pre-Covid for a song. I love this little puppy!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nightynite - You are correct, Sir! It was a trip desoldering the little metal support structure and the switch body from the board. I've got both sizes of the switch on the way. I had considered soldering 2 wires out to a pushbutton. Shade tree engineering at its finest.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m impressed you were able to find the same part.  

Now that we know how to replace blower motors and on/off switches. It may not be a bad idea to start a repair section.  

The info here really helped me when I replaced my blower motor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using off-the-self components provide a higher profit margin as opposed to using proprietary designs. You only use custom stuff when it either doesn't exist or you wish to hide trade/design secrets.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 150 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 137 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,881 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,248 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 244 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 529 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 325 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.