Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Tank Leaking?
Resmed A10 Tank Leaking?
I think the tank on my A10 is leaking.

Is it covered under warranty?

Any fixes?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A10 Tank Leaking?
(01-13-2017, 10:19 AM)player Wrote: I think the tank on my A10 is leaking.

Quite possible - it does have a long seal.

player Wrote: Is it covered under warranty?
It should be. check with your DME.

player Wrote: Any fixes?

Take the tank apart and inspect all the parts. Make sure that the seal is fitting properly into the lower half of the tank. Or just buy a new one - they're not expensive and easy to find from the suppliers on the Supplier List above.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a normal replacement item and costs $20 plus shipping. Your supplier should stock it. Just get it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Player, your humidifier tank isn't covered by warranty as it is a replaceable supply item. It would be if you just got the machine say a week or two before, but if you've had it longer than that, it's iffy. Your DME may supply it themselves, depending on their policies, if you've only recently received this unit.

BUT, I would first check to see if you are closing it completely. Might have gotten out of alignment.

Current cost of the replacement bins are about $23 for the regular version and $33 for the dishwasher version. Neither of these includes shipping. Even though Medicare pays for 80% of the cost, I just keep one as a backup in case of a leak. You never know when disaster will strike. Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
After carefully looking at it the tank is 2 pieces of plastic, glued together all around near the bottom. With a little pressure it came apart 1/2 way around. I am letting it dry and I will be regluing it carefully. I am probably going to use a plastic glue, or Hexel. There is a ledge that the top piece fits into the bottom piece. I will be using a magnifier to put the glue in the crack and not allow it to get into the tank. I know they are not much money but these pricks are making this stuff to fall apart. I am, on principle not going to support the stupid high prices for junk. If I can fix this crap I will.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey I don't blame you. I don't know how old your tank is, but they are supposed to last at least 2 years, unless you damaged it yourself, so I'd be annoyed. I'd probably use Loctite Super Glue. I use it on everything else. (it's moisture resistant, so wouldn't work if it were on the bottom part, for instance).
Post Reply Post Reply
My tank is a little over a year...

I have some plastic glue that actually melts the plastic together. I think I will try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
In order to use the a10 tonight I had to put c clamps on the empty tank to stop it from leaking air.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I think I fixed it. I used JB Weld 2 part epoxy Plastics glue. I carefully applied it with a toothpick under magnification and then clamped it tight with some small Quick Grip clamps. Seems to be a good bond. I will know tonight when I try it with water.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I'm new here. I'm traveling and forgot the gasket to the humidifier tank. Left it on my so clean machine lid at home. Without the gasket the airsense 10 won't work. Has anyone done this before and have a work around. Its the weekend and can't get a replacement til Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 190 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 332 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 560 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,428 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 502 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [CPAP] ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank GuitarRebel 24 4,895 08-29-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 7 1,900 08-28-2023, 01:53 PM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.